Very VERY disappointed in Luminar 4

Comments

12 comments

Thomas Gilfeather

I have to agree with everything you say  Nothing but problems  read my post

NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL

The software should Never have been released in  this state , I just think it was rushed, out

some things work but,

Man you could go and make a BREAKFAST well you wait on Luminar to process some things

and the crashes its unbelievable 

I do like the software but it seriously NEEDS FIXED 

Tom G

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Rodwell

This launch and this software company are an absolute joke! constant crashes and they wanted everyone to pay to upgrade from luminar 3! luckily i got a trial version, i wont give this company any money ever again, and will be an advocate telling everyone i know to stay away from this garbage software. 

Jonathan Rea

I’m a first (and last) time Luminar user, so no L3 imported catalogs, but all I get is a crashed system every time I try to export on Luminar 4.

The generic reply we seem to be getting is to ‘contact support’. I did that yesterday asking how to get a refund and I’m yet to get a reply. :/

Skylum really aren’t doing themselves any favours amongst the photographic community, and this is how companies can fail. 

Frank Fiorentino

We have all seen this movie and know how it is going to end.  The comments from Skylum representatives that they plan to release a performance update by the end of the year is laughable.  Always punting improvements down the line. History tends to repeat itself and Skylum is proof of that. I was burned by this company with the L3 fiasco and promises that never materialized. They will get nothing from me but bad publicity.

Jonathan Rea

Alina Skylum I’ve emailed support twice now requesting an immediate refund. Any news please? My patience and pleasantries are beginning to wear thin.

Wilhelm Hienz

Okay guys we will get a update at the end of the year... i will say i want a refund now!!!

Jeff Reynolds

Bill, Tom, Michael: Couldn't agree with you more - very disappointing. I would have thought Skylum would have learned their lesson from the abysmal Luminar 3 release. Doesn't look like it, based solely upon the piece of software I have in front of me.

What I want to know is how all these videos by so-called ambassadors work so well. What kind of machine must they be running to get that kind of performance?

OR 

Is it just marketing hype and none of that performance actually exists?

Hi,

I installed Luminar 4 on Windows also, and I installed it without uninstalling Luminar 3 (mainly because I was curious about that), but, I used a new catalog for Luminar 4, and FYI, so far, Luminar 4 seems to be running all right (doesn't crash). 

I am wondering if some of the crashes are due to using imported Luminar 3 catalogs?

Jim

Hi Jim, 

I'm a complete new user so no older versions ever installed. I'm using a brand new HP highend pc but I do have also several crashes and frozen L4. Performance is also very poor when for example scrolling images. 

Mark 

pat scanlon

update to solve problems by the end of the year joke, why put programme for sale if it does not work, refund now

Anna V

Hi Everyone,

The refund can be issued via http://www.skylum.com/support  

Support usually replies within 24 hours but due to the surge of incoming mail after the release, it might take longer.

Your patience is highly appreciated. 

Alina Skylum

Hi Everyone,

We regret to hear about your experience. Please, note that we plan to release a major performance update by the end of the year. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.