DAM frequent updates needed

Comments

9 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mark,

We are currently putting together a campaign to keep our users updated on product development, so expect more info in this regard soon!

Comment actions Permalink
    Mark Barnes

Thanks Angela, that would be great!

Sherwood Botsford

Skylum currently is exhibiting the kind of behaviour that was notorious from the big hardware companies in the 80's

Promise something, Real Soon Now, NOT because it was nearing release, but to keep people from going with another product.

Real Soon Now became a catch phrase, a synonym for 'vapour ware'

The kinds of things you could safely release:

User interface screen shots.  No one expects them to stay constant.

User manual.  (We were taught in school to write the user manual before you wrote the software.)

Chester Adamik

When I purchased Luminar 2018 I was looking for a Lightroom replacement. I understood it did not have a DAM but come on its been seven months. I am on the verge of abandoning this fine software and go looking for another. I was not looking for a Lightroom plug-in. At photo expo 2017 in NYC it was presented as a standalone software. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Chester,

We're doing our best to speed up the process but delivering good software takes time. We'll be releasing more info about the release of the DAM very soon.

As a sidenote, while Luminar does not yet have DAM, it can be used as a standalone editor. Use as a Lightroom plugin is optional.

Peter Marxen

Hi Skylum,

i understand that point. But soon had been 6 month ago...

regards

Robert Custer

Hello Angela,

How soon will we be receiving progress reports ?  It should be easy . . . just get some straight answers from the development team and share them with us here or by email.  You could do it over the phone.  It's not like the stress of actually releasing a promised feature of your product that has not appeared for over half a year. 

Maybe you could tell us about your experiences putting together "a campaign to keep our users updated on product development" since it doesn't seem to have succeeded, it might at least cause people to feel like some effort to do something is being truthfully reported here.

Chester Adamik

Today I have given up with Luminar 2018. I have been waiting for the DAM for 8 months and Skylum never found the time to put the DAM into this program. As I have stated I was looking for a Lightroom 6 alternative not a Lightroom 6 plug-in. So today I bought ON1. It has everything I want from a photo editor and is not a plugin. It is a very good alternative to Lightroom and is not vaporware. It is a shame that I have been ripped of by Skylum because the program or should I stay vaporware appears to be good.

Peter Holka

It is very sad that users abandon this great piece of software just because developers are laying to us ...

How can they promise DAM one year ago to be developed early 2018 when they even did not start working on it? 

If they worked on it at that time already they would be able to show us something not just "we are working on it".

Yes probably they working on it, BUT they can work on it next 5 years. Is it too hard to prove that you have done something already? Some screenshots? Or do you have NOTHING after one year of HARD WORK? Please DO SOMETHING before you lose your credit and customers. Worst of all is deceive customers. Be careful, you can lose everything.

Please sign in to leave a comment.