Export from Luminar4, the Exif data lost!!

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Frank Joke

I just checked by exporting an NEF (Nikon Z7) RAW file to JPG and all EXIF is there.

The only problem is that L4 does not read XMP sidecars with rating, so rating information done in other programs like LR or C1 are not available in/with L4!

Comment actions Permalink

I just exported some JPGs from CR3 and X-T30 RAF images and the export JPGs don't have any EXIF data except the date/time.

Helena Carter

Hi,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could look deeper into the issue.

Emil Eggenschwiler

Hallo

When exporting Olympus cameras EXIF data are no longer available. The recording date is also filled with the storage date. Is synonymous with Luminar 3 Sun
    This is a no go. Money back.

Haavard Pettersen

Important discovery:

When exporting CR3 from Canon M50, all exif data is gone from the resulting JPGs, and the date is reset to today, but only if I batch export!

If I export each photo individually, EXIF data is preserved.

However, with the tortuously slow export time from L4 (as from L3), it would be very nice to be able to batch export.

Elena Blum

Hi Haavard,

I will pass your suggestions to the person in charge! Thanks for it!

All our plans pertain to Luminar as a universal editing platform, so we'll be sure to consider implementing it in future releases. 

Haavard Pettersen

Oh, and please please make the default export folder the same as where the RAW file was located. I drive myself slowly insane clicking for the right folder when exporting.

Souvik Chatterjee

Same problem here, exporting CR3 to JPG and all EXIF data gone! Utterly frustrating!

Helena Carter

Hi Souvik,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support and we will gladly assist you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.