scrolling through looks in luminar 4

Answered

Comments

7 comments

aderBay

Agreed. The tiny "sliding" bar is ineffective.

Bring back use of the arrow keys to scroll thru different looks

Comment actions Permalink
    jan van de ven

just experienced: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your feedback! I'll share it with our developers.

Seth Chandler

I agree there is a problem with the Looks slider in Luminar 4 (at least on Mac). It's way too narrow and sometimes it disappears. Makes it almost impossible to scroll through more than a few looks.  Make the slider bigger or let me use arrow keys.  

jan van de ven

i just found out - by accident - that scrolling through the luminar looks on my mac using the left and right arrow keys of my keyboard actually does work, but only in combination with the command key and only in some conditions.

after opening the looks bar and clicking on one of the presets you can scroll left and right with the arrow keys in combination with the command key, but only as long as you keep the mouse pointer within the presets strip. when you place the mouse pointer outside the looks window, going back and forth with arrow keys won't work - although one of the presets appears to be selected.

but then there's this other glitch: sometimes it doesn't seem to work at all. in that case double-click a preset thumbnail and then continu in the above way, keeping the mouse arrow within the presets window.

Seth Chandler

Thanks jan van de ven.  The double click trick worked for me (the other method did not).  The good news is that this trick makes it possible to use the Looks better. But still, they definitely need a useable scroll bar. I can't believe this is a difficult fix. Skylum, please fix it!

Steven Bartlett

Hi Luminar.

I just bought the Magical forests and Captivating Cityscapes Looks by Albert Dros.  Whilst playing around I realised that there is a tiny thin slider at the bottom of Luminar revealing many more looks within these packages such as 'Green to Gold' etc. 

This slider is so tiny I keep missing it and end up just selecting a different look.  I Googled it and see there are multiple threads on this subject requesting a wider scroll bar dating back nearly 2 years!

Are there any plans to address this?

Scrolling my mouse wheel doesn't work for me for horizontal scroll that some threads have suggested although Command + arrow left/right does work one by one post double click.

All unsatisfactory really.

Looking forward to hearing from you in what is otherwise an excellent product.

Please sign in to leave a comment.