Luminar version 4 ..........so sos so so slowwwwwwww

Comments

8 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi Neil! Please note that the speed of the software depends on the number of images you have in your catalog.

Also, our team is preparing an update that will target performance issues.
    If you want to proceed with a refund, please reach our support team: https://skylum.com/support

Comment actions Permalink
    Neil Rough
    Hi I will wait to see if your company can ever deliver what it promises.If not then I will contact you again . You seriously need to address these issues. I am working on a fast relatively new mac with plenty of Ram.  Stop making fake promises to your LOYAL customers who have supported you from the start and start delivering.

Spend less time saying you're great ..and more trying to attain it. I would sack the lot of you to be honest if you worked for me.
    Regards
    Neil

James Fisher

I'm having similar performance issues. I'm editing RAW images. Tools are laggy, edits take many seconds to apply, moving between images can take up to 10 seconds, the mask tool is unusable.

'Please note that the speed of the software depends on the number of images you have in your catalog.'

Do you have any recommendations on how I should structure my catalog? I have 5,500 images at the moment. Would creating subfolders speed Luminar 4 up for example?

Thanks.

Steve Thompson

I'm just doing single image edits and its unusable. I've imported exactly 2 images since installing L4 so I don't think its a catalog thing. Unusable. I had high hopes for Luminar but it just seems to be getting worse.

James Fisher

Mine got progressively worse last night as I was editing for a couple of hours. MacBook Pro, Quad Core i7 with 16 GB RAM, so still a capable machine.

Looking at it, RAM usage was > 3 GB, disk activity fine, but CPU > 300% so working the CPUs hard. Agreed, doesn't seem to be a catalog issue.

Gil Delavous

I have mixed feelings about L4.

On my MBP mid 2012 it runs faster than L3, you'll say it was not difficult to achieve.

But yes it crashes often too. And after stacking a couple of settings its getting slower and slower.

However I can now "use" it which was not the case with L3. 

To be honest I don't get how Skylum developers can build some pretty awesome AI filters (the AI Portrait is really impressive) while making such a slow and unstable user interface. 

Among the things I really don't like about Skylum is they sold L4 as a "rewrite from scratch" product, which made many of us think they had learn from the L3 failure and decided to restart with something fresh and clean. That really doesn't seem to be the case as many L3 flaws are still in L4 which makes me think they only revamped the UI.

Also they now tell us to wait a couple of months where a speed optimized product will be availaible. But if they had rebuilt from scratch, speed and stability should have been first priority considering the tremendous amount of L3 user complaints. This reminds me of L3 promises that never happened.

I'm gonna use it for a couple of weeks and see if I ask for a refund or not. If I do for sure I will never look back.

Alina Skylum

Hi Everyone,

The initial Luminar 4 release is devoted to new tools and features. Nevertheless, please note that the next quarter we will be working on the Luminar 4 performance and we will do our best to deliver the best editing experience to our customers and release a performance update by the end of the year.

For now, we recommend using smaller Catalogs. Moreover, you can divide your Library into several smaller Catalogs and work with your photos this way while we're preparing an update.

Steve Thompson

Tough to use a smaller catalog than one image.

Please sign in to leave a comment.