How do I refresh the Luminar 4 library so that it matches my pictures folder that is in finder?

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Patrick Blondeel

I have the same problem and far more, every time I launch Luminar the system opdates all my pictures, on one date there are till  15 of the same pictures in one map!

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Clift

Same issue, no reply from support after 4 days. This surely must be a very simple requirement of any photo DAM.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

If you haven't already, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate the issue. If you've already done that but haven't yet received a response, please let us know your email address so we can look up your ticket and reply ASAP.

Ross Judd

Has anyone had a response to this? Just checking before I also open a ticket

Christian Poulton

I had exactly the same issue after updating to Catalina. Support suggested creating a new catalog, which has solved the issue, however I've had to spend most of yesterday manually exporting and importing all of my images, as well as re-adding the ratings, into the new Luminar catalog. Most frustrating I can tell you. Also, by using the export / import method I've now baked into all of my images all the edits that I've previously made on them so I can't go back and re-edit them again easily. (I do have a separate archive of all my original files luckily).

This apparently is a bug in the software.

Robert Whitney

I am having the same issue.  The Luminar 4 library will not sync with my folders.  VERY frustrating.

J Reg MacIntosh

Skylum worked with me to resolve this issue.  Support told me that I had to create a new catalogue.  When I did this the issue did not go away.  In my picture folder in finder I had a folder that contained a series of photos with an .lmnr extension.  This extension was the one assigned to Luminar 3 edited photos.  I deleted this file and it corrected my issue.  It appears as though having the .lmnr extension in my new catalogue confused Luminar 4.  Luminar 4 is currently working as it should.    Warning:  When you create a new catalogue you do not have access to photos that you have edited in a previous version of Luminar.   Hope this helps.   J Reg MacIntosh

Cameron Fetty

Is this a lmnr file in any folder Luminar touches?

Kate Williams

Cameron ,  

Luminar does not create any extra files in the folders that you add to the app. 

.lmnr files were the project files that one could create in Luminar 2018 or Luminar Flex. Since these apps do not have a library, these files could retain the editing history. They are not created automatically, one chooses to save it and specifies the directory.

With the introduction of Library in Luminar 3, all edits, ratings, etc. are now stored as .state files in a separate Luminar Catalog folder. Due to these files, you are able to revisit the project, review the edits, make further adjustments or revert them.

J Reg MacIntosh

Cameron:

Kate is correct.  The .lmnr files were files that I created in Luminar 2018 and not in Luminar 3 as I had originally mentioned in my precious reply.  I saved these files to preserve the edits that I made to a particular photos and I stored them in a sub-folder that I created within my picture file within finder.  The presence of this sub-folder , containing .lmnr files, caused the refresh of my picture file to falter.  Once I deleted this sub-folder everything worked as expected

Please sign in to leave a comment.