Luminar 4 - Sky replacement Resize

Answered

Comments

18 comments

• Official comment
    Anna V

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback! 

We will forward it to the person in charge for further consideration. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Bob Pease

I have the same question as Avi.

How do you resize the sky to match the base image.

The sky that I have used is a bigger image size than the base image and is far too large, I want to adjust the sky image to look the same scale as the base image. At the moment the sky image looks way out of scale and I want to make it smaller ie zoom out.

The sky replacement is not much good if you can't adjust the sky pixel size.

Kami

Yes, please, give us a way to resize the sky, just as Bob said. I need that feature!

Avi Bphotography

Advanced setting I'm aware of.

I'm asking is there is a way to resize the replaced sky

I'm assuming this may not be available

Kai Chinn

I am trying to do the same thing but there is "NO WAY" to resize the sky to match foreground image at all.

We all need the ability to "Resize" the sky replacement image to match the foreground image otherwise, it's back to Photoshop and i would like to get away from them all together.

This Luminar 4.1 update is good but still needs additions like this ability to continue to grab people from adobe to your platform permanently.... I know that is a goal of your company right? ;)

Stephan Paier

To specify to all of those who don‘t (want to) understand what we mean and need:
    If I have an image with 4000x6000 pixels and the sky (my own one) has 6000x9000 pixels they don’t match! And you cannot change the part of the sky you want to use as the new background!

A few more sliders (for size and position x and y) would do the trick...

Thanx

Kai Chinn

What Stephan Paier said! ;) 

Dave Thomas

Just bought Luminar 4 yesterday and this is the very first thing that hung me up. Please add the ability to resize/rescale sky images. 

Roberto Kai Hegeler

My skies all have much more sky than I see as a replacement. like 300% more or so. but I only see a small part of it. I can not even move it up or down to the whole part that is actually there.

How can I match the sky to fit into the image?

P.S.

Even setting the image to 5000 px, and my sky to 5000 px does not do the trick. Still I see a very small part of my sky and it does not develop the dramatic the original sky has.

Helena Carter

Hi Avi,

There are more sliders for adjusting the skies under Advanced settings, see the screenshot:

Stephan Paier

Kirk Osborn
    3 hours ago
    Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and provide us with some screenshots that illustrate your issue. We will do our best to get everything sorted out for you.

I have asked support for help in 3 or 4 cases, guess what the answer had been..... in each case!!!!!
    In my opinion I have never seen a support more useless as skylums!

I don‘ t ask again anyway

Kai Chinn

Stephan Paier,

I asked about this (obviously, see above comments) and they told me that this was not available but they would give the info to their product team?...

To contact them as per Kirk only either gives you that or "we don't have that integrated in this program" answer and they give no hope of a future update saying that it will be implemented at all.....

All we can do is "Hope" they listen to us or just keep using Adobe lightroom, Photoshop or other options as you see fit but i would not waste your time asking them as i have done this enough and they are unwilling to listen as it seems.

Stephan Paier

Hi!

Very true....
    I am very tempted to pay the monthly fee for lightroom 😢

Kai Chinn

Sorry for the bad news, i have been on Adobe for years and looking constantly to nip that off when i can find a program that will do at least what LR does?

Stephan Paier

I had high hopes in Luminar but unfortunately it has been too early...

Alina Skylum

Could you please specify in what way you want the Skies to be resized? If the AI Sky Replacement  doesn't apply correctly, you can click Edit Mask and adjust it.

Will Edwards

I just downloaded the trial version of Luminar.  For a possible answer of the above question, if in PS and bringing two photos together, I first just resize the larger file to match the smaller file.  

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and provide us with some screenshots that illustrate your issue. We will do our best to get everything sorted out for you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.