Luminar 4 Unstable on Windows

Answered

Comments

17 comments

• Official comment
    Alina Skylum

Hi Everyone,

If you're facing any issues, please reach our support team so we investigate your case: https://skylum.com/support

Comment actions Permalink
    Matt Savard

I had the same problem. I downloaded the demo. It crashed after using it for 10 minutes or less. Started it back up again and after less than 10 minutes the program just closed. Tried again and it hung while building a library from 1 folder with about 25 images in it. It was using over 2 gigs of memory to run with no image loaded.

It's too bad. When it works, its a great program. Unfortunately it doesn't work consistently.

Mike Hardisty

Why, am I not surprised.

James Thomson

Same here. L3 hung when I made a local edit, L4 doesn't do that, it crashes on local edits, this is a folder with just 7 raw files. It's there one minute, next minute it just disappears, it's gone. As Michael says I want to like Luminar,  I loved L2018 but since then it's just no use.

Someone from Luminar dialled in remotely maybe a year ago? to see what happened and I supplied videos so they know all about this. Since then I've heard nothing. I paid for the update to L4 but if they are just going to ignore my issues I'll be taking a refund and updating ON1.

So, Skylum/Luminar support, should I just forget about your product?

Update, tried 'Details Enhancer'  Moved 'Large Details' slider to the right and L4 hangs. Killed it and reloaded with same pic, back into 'Details Enhancer' and the change to Large Details is there, the slider is sitting at 84,

Alina Skylum

Hi Michael! Our team is preparing an update that targets performance issues. 
    Please reach our support team so we investigate your case: https://skylum.com/support

Keith Patrak

Seems to me Skylum that you are going to be very busy if you have to investigate all the problems raised so far. Why release a program knowing that it was bug ridden AND take people's money for it too. We should not have to wait for a software fix, the product is unusable and therefore against trading regulations as it's not fit for purpose

O. Jung

Just started to look around a bit in luminar 4. More than 10 crashes so far. Already regretting...

Michael Rodwell

Also requested a refund for luminar 3 as its current state along with luminar 4 is ridiculous. Constant crashes, slow catalog... completely unworkable. 

JORGE JESUS SAINZ CASALLA

Im still having crashes and unexpected closures since yesterday, Luminar 4, it's not ready in windows 10, please fix this and don't set a bad reputation

I have already sent two tickets, without response

O. Jung

The issue is that L4 keeps crashing all the time. Not always on the same occasion but again and again.

I open the library - crash; I try to erase something - crash; I change the image - crash; change from essentials to creative tools - crash. crash crash crash. No 10 minutes without.

With so many complains from so many people, I can´t believe you still need someone to contact your support team to report issues.

You should have programmed L4 properly before taking peoples money

James Thomson

Alina, A quick look at this forum should tell Skylum that L4, like L3, has been released with major issues, in my own case I still cannot complete local edits. At this stage in the development of L4 where’s the sense in dozens or even hundreds of disappointed clients overwhelming support? You already know L4 is not stable. Posting here at least lets your clients know that the problem lies with Skylum not the individual.
    A new release was mentioned that ‘will target performance issues’ above, can we be told when that will drop?

Here one of the eror

Faulting application name: Luminar 4.exe, version: 4.0.0.4880, time stamp: 0x5dced610
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.476, time stamp: 0x83c3d83a
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
    Faulting process id: 0x5470
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d59fb4020381cd
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\Luminar 4.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 4d2bac35-6656-4876-9413-90a5690741f0
    Faulting package full name:

Alina Skylum

James, the update will be released by the end of the year.

Jorge, please, reach out Support Team and send the full logs so they could look deeper into the issue (attach the 2 last entries with Application Error and Net Runtime to the contact form).

James Thomson

Same old same old, I’m afraid, this is going to be L3 all over again, isn’t it? How do I start the refund process? Please don’t foist me on to support as they’re swamped by lack of stability issues on L3 and L4.

Sent to team support

F-M Mellbin

Very unstable here too. Really not usable in its current state. Slow on top. Have a very powerful system - LR, PS etc run without a glitch.

Post is closed for comments.