Luminar 4 issues so how do I get a refund?

Answered

Comments

20 comments

Jonathan Rea

Same for me.

Windows 10 user and all other photography and video editing apps work fine on my i5 system, which meets the minimum requirements but Luminar 4 crashes my whole system EVERY TIME.

Like you, I should've trialed the software instead of believing all the videos that have been hyping it up. Gutted as it looked promising.

Comment actions Permalink
    Alina Skylum

Hi! 
    Indeed some of your issues look like caused by GPU.

Try fully reinstalling drivers for all graphics cards on your system.

Make sure to fully uninstall your current graphics drivers before proceeding. How to uninstall drivers (click this text to open link). You'll need to do this for all devices under Display Adaptors on your system:

Download and install drivers from the manufacturer's website:

After you have updated your graphics card drivers, make sure to set your discrete graphics card to run Luminar by default (usually this concerns laptops). Refer to your graphics card's manufacturer's website if you need help with that.

I have the latest drivers for my graphics card albeit they date back to 2016, it's an nVidia Geforce 9500GT but I have checked and it is running OpenGL 3.3.0

Susan Wiethorn

For a system that is running fine on all other cases, and not not for L4, removing and reinstalling drivers is a no go. 

-S

Forgot to say I did a clean install of the graphics drivers and it made no difference

Jonathan Rea

All of my drivers are up to date also. I use Photoshop 2019, Lightroom, Premier Pro 2019, Davinci Resolve, Affinity Photo, DxO Photolab 3...all without a problem.

So it appears to not be a problem with my drivers or system, but the Luminar 4 software. 

How do we go about getting a refund please?

Alina Skylum

@Alan Did you make sure that Luminar uses your Nvidia GeForce GPU?
    If the issue remains, please reach our support team: https://skylum.com/support

Alina,

I only have one graphics adapter so presumably yes. I don't see any options in Luminar to use a specific GPU or to force processing to the CPU (as Lightroom does). If I e-mail support can I just point them at this thread rather than reproducing it in an e-mail?

Mircea Gherbovet

The question remain without answer. How do we get the refund? If all the others photo editing softwares work on our computers, and luminar don't, it's a luminar problem! The question remain the same.

Thomas Gilfeather

The Tech support seem to think its Graphics card that may be the case with some whom dont keep on top of things

but all my drivers are up to date and like some have said they use more powerful programs than Luminar

My computer is up to date i even configured my Nivida   for laminar 

so the Tech: support  is wrong when many have configured there graphics and it 

DOES NOT MAKE ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE  I and many others whom know what they are doing 

can NOT ALL BE WRONG 

but tech support needs to get there act together and stop blaming GRAPHICS DRIVERS for problems

they should employ  some   PROGRAMMERS THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING 

I have been working with P.C. Systems for 20yrs  so I know what i'm talking about

the Luminar software could be a relay excellent program if they would do some work on it

otherwise there is going to be a bid demand for REFUNDS

Tom G

JORGE JESUS SAINZ CASALLA

I have an Acer Predator Helios 500 Nividia 1070, 16 GB RAM, SSD, and also installed Capture One and Filmora 9/Pro, Davinci Resolver with any issues, Im a brand new user Luminar 4, and I still having many crashes and unexpectly closures every time too, I don't think so that my laptop's problem

Wilhelm Hienz

@Skylum

Stop telling people you need to update the drivers and do something else... We're not all stupid.
    How about selling software that works!

I want my money back... you can also delete the account, because I stay with Capture One and DXO. Chance missed.

How do I get my money back??? Please answer this question!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Wilhelm,

You can request a refund at www.skylum.com/support.

Wilhelm Hienz

oky - which request category

Valerie O'Neill

I'm on here reading through the threads in the hopes to find a solution to my issues too. I got a taste of what Luminar 4 can do on my work computer that is several years old, has Windows 7, i5 processor, and 8G of RAM. I was able to get the AI Sky Replacement to work, and it was fantastic; however, saving the image caused L4 to freeze up, so I'd have to open task manager to stop it.  Yesterday, I uninstalled it because I thought my computer was going to die permanently.  At home, I have a newer computer that has an i5 processor, 12 G of RAM (I went in and changed the "paging" size for virtual memory in the hopes that would help), updated all my drivers, updated every thing I could, and L4 seems to work on smaller jobs; but the minute i try to use that sky replacement tool, it crashes immediately.  I really, really, really want this program to work for me - I love what it can potentially do.  I do hope that the issues are fixed soon.  Here is a little fun job I did the other day, but it nearly killed my PC... lol

JORGE JESUS SAINZ CASALLA

Before attacking the technical team, we  have to do look for the causes of the crashes in our laptops/desktop by checking the event view (in the case of windows) I really need this to be fixed because Luminar offers something that the others still do not, so let's try to help and not become additional problems, it is part of the technical team to give a solution to all of us who have bought.

Alina Skylum

@ Wilhelm, you can choose whichever you like. We'll process the request anyway.

@ Valerie, as far as I can see, our team has replied to your request. Please provide the necessary information and we'll be happy to investigate it for you. 

Dennis Hegdahl

Hi, Just for the record I am having the same problems Luminar 4. I'm using a older Acer Aspire desktop and everything was working great for a couple of days.... Bummer, I like this software and hope things can get worked out.

Jorge Alberto Arguelles Pardo

My issue (Event Log) I can't start the program

Application: Luminar 4.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods+HRESULT.Check(Int32)
    at System.Windows.SplashScreen.CreateLayeredWindowFromImgBuffer(IntPtr, Int64, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.SplashScreen.Show(Boolean, Boolean)
    at Common.App.ApplicationBase.ShowSplashWindow()
    at Common.App.ApplicationBase+<InitApplicationAsync>d__11.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
    at Common.App.ApplicationBase+<OnStartup>d__10.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    at Luminar4.App.Main()

Anastasia Davis

Jorge Alberto Arguelles Pardo We have replied to you via email.  We are waiting for your answer.

@Dennis Please reach our support team so we could help you: https://skylum.com/support

Post is closed for comments.