15 minutes yields 2 crashes and several hangs

Comments

5 comments

christian pinder

seems to frees the edita its self you can still go throo the pics but not edit affter editing one the edita freezes up 

Comment actions Permalink
    Tino Korn

I do not know if you mean the general structure of the catalog. I have created a new catalog for testing. No success. Luminar always crashes with me. That can not be!!!

Jeff Reynolds

At least for me, it seems partly due to the "upgrading" of my L3 catalog.

I created a new L4 catalog and was able to launch. I threw a few random RAW and JPG pictures into the library so I can have something to see:

• I can still get it to crash if I just navigate about the library/film strip too quickly.
    • Performance of even minor edits (like changing the the exposure) is abysmal. The sliders do not move smoothly.
    • PET PEEVE: There are no keyboard shortcuts (yet again) to increase/decrease the slider value.

This is on a 32GB RAM machine, SSD for the OS, a modern NVidia graphics card (about a year old, using latest NVidia drivers), plenty of processing power (i7 6800 series) on the latest update of Windows 10, x64. I can run Autodesk Fusion 360 with a complicated 3d model very smoothly, so it isn't the case of not enough compute horsepower.

What bugs me the most (pun intended) is Luminar has such potential, but it needs a development and testing teams willing to stand up to management and say "No, it isn't ready to ship". Finally, management needs to wake up and listen to people in the community about what we want. How many times have we said to ditch the catalog, for example?

Finally, given that the folks here representing Skylum have said we have a 30 day money back guarantee I purely believe that should be extended 30 days beyond the so-called "performance fixes" release sometime in the next quarter. Perhaps then we will see what this software can really do...

Alina Skylum

@Jeff We are sorry for the late reply via email. We have a great number of inquiries at the moment. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
    @Tino Please also reach our support team: https://skylum.com/support

Alina Skylum

@Christian Since you didn't have a desire to cooperate with us, we have issued a full refund upon your request. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.