Luminar 4 Crashing

Comments

13 comments

Michael Rodwell

same problems here, my patience has finally run out with Skylum software, this is a complete joke. Im switching to lightroom.

Comment actions Permalink
    Brian Allan

I've used Lightroom for years.  Decided to try Luminar 4 because of the some of its advertised features.  Marketing of product has been great; however, software development / testing needs additional work!!  I guess Skylum's beta testers are their clients!?

robert Blanc

same problems for me .A lot of crushes

Colin Madden

I went into Control Panels (Windows 10 ) and turned off .NET 4.8 and Luminar 4 started up.

Control Panels > Programs and Features > click on Turn Windows features on or off > click the +/- button next to .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services > click off ASP.NET 4.8 > Press OK

You will need to restart your PC. Try relaunching Luminar 4 - it worked for me. Worth a try.

When it works it's brilliant!!

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! If you have crashes, please reach our support team with more detailed info on your workflow and logs.

Reproduce the crash.
    Press the Windows logo key + R.
    Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    Click Application in the directory tree.
    In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    Right-click on any of the two selected entries  and click Save Selected Events.
    Name the file, save it, and attach it to an email to support@skylum.com
    Tino Korn

I have sent a log file. Please fix quick fixes!

robert Blanc

I did that so much I stop to ask help without any result

Daniele Di Costanzo

Buongiorno a tutto il team. Purtroppo devo registrare a malinquore che sul mio pc dotato di Windows 10 i7 e 32gb ram luminar si blocca in continuazione.

Quello che ho notato e che poco prima di chiudersi perché questo è quello che mi succede il software rallenta moltissimo fino a chiudersi.

Ho pensato ad una incompatibilità con i driver grafici, ma fino al giorno prima usavo lightroom e quindi non è possibile.

Mi date una soluzione definitiva a questo problema?

Grazie e a presto.

Ci tengo a dire che comunque è un grade software.

Same for me! I can't even start editing. The program starts up and then crashes while still loading my catalogue of less than 500 photos! I've escalated crashing issues with Luminar 3 and tried everything with support. NOTHING they suggested fixes the issue. 

I have the exact HW specs as you Brian running on a different laptop. Windows 10 Pro, 1 TB of SSD storage, 16 GB of RAM, Intet Core i7. Running on HP ProBook 450 G4.

Bassam Awad

Luminar 3 Clashes on my surface pro 6 every 30 min and I can't run it again!! I need to restart my computer to start the program. I thought Luminar 4 would be better but it's exactly the same case!! not sure how the caompany planning to keep the costumers to use their software!!

I loved the software the look of it and how simple and clean to use it, but it's time to switch back to Lightroom.

PLEASE WORK ON FIXING THE SOFTWARE OR REFUND EVERYONE HERE.

Brian Allan

I installed BenVista's PhotoZoom 8 Pro this morning.  It does a system optimization when it is run the first time.  Not too sure what it does BUT I haven't had a Luminar 4 crash since...  Maybe the PhotoZoom optimization changes something that Luminar 4 requires for stability?

amichay amitay

I have the same issue. It did not require much to happen. I added a folder and started working on a few images and it crashes and does not enable to work. 

Prior to that I also noticed quite a few cases where moving the sliders did not have any effect, as was expected to be seen in these cases. 

I can live we the sluggish response time of the application but not the other two issues. 

It seems more like an alpha version and not a commercial one. Are you considering us to be your beta testers?

Kate Williams

Hi everyone, 

We already have a thread dedicated to the discussion of crashes on Windows. 

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006546319-Luminar-4-crashes 

If you'd like to carry on the discussion, I invite you to join the thread above. 

For those who haven't yet, please, provide us with the event logs and the detailed description of what you do in the software prior to encountering the issue so that we could investigate the crashes. 

Here's how to collect the logs: 

Reproduce the crash.
    Press the Windows logo key + R.
    Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    Click Application in the directory tree.
    In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    Right-click on any of the two selected entries  and click Save Selected Events.
    Name the file, save it, and attach it to an email to support@skylum.com

We'll process the requests and will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Post is closed for comments.