Sky replacement with my own pictures

Answered

Comments

10 comments

• Official comment
    Anastasia Davis

Hi Andreas! Please send us your Skies photo so we test it on our side.

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the email to support@skylum.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

Possible color space issue? sRGB vs AdobeRGB? What ever the case, I am not seeing this in my sky replacement tests.

Philippe CARON

Je n'ai pas de problèmes avec mes fichiers de ciels .

Mais je regrette qu'on ne puisse pas les intégrer dans une bibliothéque permanente prise en compte par le logiciel comme les bibli pré installées.

Aydın Salur

Hi, what is the result because I see the same problem on my own photos, thanks in advance.

Andreas Schuetz

I tried to use the same sky picture with just 2000 pixel and it looks better.
    But then the question is why a sky picture with a much lower resolution looks better? It should be possible to use pictures also with 5000 pixel.

Andreas Schuetz

and I have uploaded the picture for you

Barry Buehler

I would convert the sky to the same res and dimensions as the photo I am changing.  That way L4 does not have to rescale.

LARRY FITZPATRICK

I use Windows 10, I started a collection of my own skies. I saved them as Tiff files. The ones I have used so far as sky replacement have worked find. I do not process my own sky only export to TIFF. That way I can adjust as part of total photo.

However, I find the AI Sky Adjust tool provides better results, if there is any sky to recover.

Andreas Schuetz

For some pictures it works if I use a TIFF file for sky replacement, but not for all.
    But I think I find out the problem now. What I find out is the following:

After changing the sky, the sky in Luminar 4 looks pixelated, as if it was photographed with a high ISO value. However, if you export the image with Luminar 4 as jpeg with the maximum resolution, the exported image will looks better than the displayed image within Luminar. The image looks then OK. Maybe somebody who has the same problem could also try this.

Andreas

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update that the User Guide is now live! There is a great section about using your own skies in Luminar 4: https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/ai-sky-replacement-guidelines-2

I hope that helps!

Please sign in to leave a comment.