Comments

16 comments

• Official comment
    Alina Skylum

Please try using this alternative installer: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg 

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Impett

I received the same error... repeatedly. Not a good start for Luminar 4!

Andrew Wakefield

I have updated everything, restarted, cleared old versions, no idea what else to do.

I hate this stuff sooooo time consuming.  

Richard Impett

Well, I "may" have found the problem, and a solution. I was connected to a VPN (for security reasons) and when I disconnected from the VPN the install appears to be proceeding normally. I can't understand why this would happen but for now I am happy.

Ben Howarth

Same issue here.  Seems to be a network routing issue.  Installer won't work on my home wifi, but will if I connect via tethering on my phone.  I'd guess their DNS update hasn't propagated fully yet for the new download server or something like that.

Keith Braccialini

Same here. Disconnected VPN and the installed worked fine.

Andrew Wakefield

Success! 

I had to do the update over my home wifi, not sure it that made the difference or it was just luck. Nevertheless it done and now I can change the sky in all my PICs so its going to be a long day. Thank you Alina for providing some help on this its great when a company is monitoring there community and jumps in to help as customers are a fickle bunch and can be impatient when spending money on products we are eagling waiting to use then can't. My issue is fixed and love the product. 

Olof Bergqvist

Great help! Downloaded the dmg, and after that it was a piece of cake. Everything works like a charm.

Thank you Skylum! Next release, ask the user what he/she wants, rather than only provide the installer. The installer is a good idea, but since it obviously comes with some issues, both alternatives should be there.

Thank you again! Great product!

Ehtesham Habeeb

It did install but couldnt use the trial version. The days remaining wheel just spins and I cannot select any other thing except for the activate and buy now button. I want to try the software before I buy. Please help. Thanks!

Helena Carter

Hi, 

We have replied to you here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006668200

Al Trujillo

I'm having problems with the install as well.  So frustrating!  For those like me, who are less than savvy with computers it would be so nice to have someone to talk me through this.

Robert Erickson

Attempted to use alternative installer and received message that “Safari Can’t Find the server “downloads.skylum.-com.”
    Why does installer search for software that Macintosh has not supported for years rather than Photos?

Al Trujillo

I tried to use the alternative installer with the link Ms. Skylum gave us.  I still can only open the All Photo's page and it locks right there...can't open anything else from that point on.  

I've had a lot of fun with previous Luminar programs but this one, though promising, can't be accessed.  Refunds anyone?

Anna V

Hi Robert,

Please try using the alternative browser. 

Al Trujillo please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so we could investigate the issue in a more scrupulous way. 

Muir Robertson

Just to log this as another user with the same issue - I'm on an iMac Pro, no VPN connected using a wired network connection.  This is a repeat issue which happened when Flex was launched. Both were only solved with the full download link (for L4 - the one above, why isn't that on all of our "my products" page?????.  I don't know why something as basic as installation doesn't just work.  The download has to happen anyway so why not just put this up?

ps - despite being an "early bird" I never received a notification from Skylum that Luminar 4 was now available.  This happens with every version.

Muir

Robert Erickson

Anna V:

I changed to alternative network. Kept setting to Photoshop, although I don’t have that software, and was able to install Lumina 4.

Post is closed for comments.