Luminar 4 uses tons of RAM?

Comments

11 comments

Luca Santirocco

I have an 8086k with 32gb@3200 and a 1080ti.

ssd with luminar software on it

L4 starts in 72 seconds, use between 5gb and 9gb RAM and CPU are no less than 35% also if you are do nothing.

It's incredible but it's worst than L3

Comment actions Permalink
    michael durkin

But it's always been like that. This programme will prove to be dreadfully flawed, just as it's predecessor was/is. Read back through the posts..

What you had to do with Lum3 was to abandon it for 'Flex', a Programme they rushed out which enabled you to use the software to process one photo at a time. This did at least stop people frying stakes etc on their computers (thanks to the fact Luminar 3  caused one's PC to become so overheated it rendered a backyard BBQ quite unnecessary). 

With all their potentally excellent but terminally flawed in their engineering products  the golden rule is to always have 'Task Manager' running in the background and to be sure to train yourself to check it often.

Don't agree? Then put your paper hat on and start French Frying your computer bits - 'One Motherboard with a side of ram chips commin' up!

Jeff Reynolds

On my 16GB Surface Pro (6th generation) it uses about 1.5GB of RAM and 28% CPU just sitting there "idle". No pictures loaded into the library. That seems like a lot...

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! Indeed, Luminar uses all available resources. 
    Our tech department is aware of this and will work on it in the future.

The next update will target performance issues, for instance. 

Luca Santirocco

Same reply in luminar 3 threads...

Wilhelm Hienz

@Anastasia

How do I get my money back??? Please answer this question!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Wilhelm,

You can request a refund at www.skylum.com/support.

Luca Santirocco

Which request category should I select for a rufund?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Luca,

Billing Questions would be best.

Anjan Singh

I just bought luminar 4 and its using RAM 2.3GB even when sitting idle. This is really an issue. No image on the software and it uses 2.3GB. I tried to load one image and memory went to 5GB of luminar use. I am using i7,16GB ram laptop. DO you guys have any solution?

Helga Egilsdottir

Anjan Singh,

As far as I see, we replied in different thread. Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we can help you out. Thanks.

Please sign in to leave a comment.