Hi, have been using Luminar 4 and here are my comments:
1) Bring back bespoke work spaces! One of the beauties of Luminar was that I could set up a workspace with all the tools I need in one place. Luminar does not allow this - this is a step backwards
2) Where is the smart tone tool gone? Bring it back! Smart contrast is not the same thing
3) One of the issues with Luminar 4 is that when I use a preset (or LOOK), in the prior version I could see exactly what tools were used to make the preset and adjust them to taste. In Luminar 4, when I use a preset, I have to go within each tool and than click on the advanced tabs to see what exactly the settings on the preset are. Previously everything was visible without having to go into any further advanced tabs. For example, I have a preset that I use that has a texture on it. I usually remove this texture. But in the new Luminar version I don't know where the texture is when I load the preset
4) Why would you HIDE cropping, and lens correction tools under a little icon on the top corner which has no description on it? Luminar 3 at least had it under a name called Tools.
5) I prefer the previous version - Luminar 4 is a step backwards in terms of inability to set it up as you like. You have to remember where the different tools are and many are in advanced tabs.
Please sign in to leave a comment.