Importing new folders

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Tim Stahmer

Welcome to the club. Many of us have reported the same problem in various forums, and been met with the same response: file a report with tech support. The response from tech support is often to reinstall the software, which I can tell you from first hand experience does not fix the problem.

Comment actions Permalink
    Elena Blum

Hi,

If you have migrated Luminar 3 catalog, which was created before Catalina MacOs update, we recommend to create a new catalog though File - Catalog - Create a new catalog

Add to the catalog the folders you need.

You can also access your previous catalog any time you may need it.

Mike Mailey

Elena, many thanks - that has solved the issue!

Mike

Elena Blum

Great! My pleasure!

Louis Pengue

You can make the original folder with all of its edits and images work correctly again WITHOUT creating a new catalog. If you create a new catalog, any edits done will be lost. If you are importing new images, then a new catalog is an OK way to go.

To restore full operation of the original "Library" folder that was corrupted with Catalina, you need to open Luminar, go to the Library Tab on the right and right click on the top level Library folder and RENAME it from within Luminar. That will re-establish the folder linkages in the current Catalog that were lost with the Catalina upgrade. This works for both L3 and L4 Library Folders. I have done this for both my L3 and L4 Libraries after many months of trying to find a workaround that didn't require me to re-edit thousands of photos. Skylum Support has not found a fix yet. I posted this info on another thread last week and many have had success with this fix. At most you may have to restart Luminar for all to sync up. Once done, you will have restored full capability to move images around at will in and out of folders. Hope this works for you!!

I have informed Skylum Support of this method of fixing the Folder Linkage problem, but haven't seen them act on the info.

Regards - Louis

Mike Mailey

Thanks Louis, very much appreciated!

Rob Strijbos

Thanks very much Louis! 

This worked perfect for me!

Please sign in to leave a comment.