Luminar 4 keeps on crashing

Comments

26 comments

• Official comment
    Kate Williams

Everyone, 

If your copy of Luminar is crashing, please, contact our team at skylum@support.

In your request, please, specify after which steps exactly, the app is crashing and provide your crash logs: 

1. Reproduce the crash. 
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your email.

Moreover, please attach your hardware specs: 

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
      and attach this text file to your email.

We'll do our best to help you. Please keep in touch with our team for an effective investigation. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Alina Skylum

Hi Sandra,

Please contact our support team and we will do our best to assist you https://skylum.com/support

Hi Alina,

I would like to kindly inform you that I have already got in touch with the technical support. Their answer ? exactly the same as yours here on this forum. Needless to say I expect more from Skylum. I purchased a product and I would  like it to work. I am disappointed to see a "standard reply". Help would be appreciated. Thank. you. 

christian pinder

yes mine keeps crashing and freesing up

christian pinder

just one big joke

ISO Awesome

Im crashing too. twice in an hour.

Kathleen Brown-Young

So far the program is useless.  Keeps crashing every time I open it.  Drivers... ect are up to date and don't tell me to uninstall and reinstall.  Luminar 3 is more user friendly and WORKS

Michael Rodwell

what a joke luminar 4 is! worthless waste of time for everybody involved! Uninstall and buy Lightroom, it will be the best thing you do!

robert Blanc

same for me . Lot of crushes !

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! It is impossible to track all the cases here. Thus, we ask you to reach our customer support so we could help you:
    https://skylum.com/support

@ChristianPinder We replied you via email.

Not getting anywhere, just got the standard answers "get in touch with https://skylum.com/support."... I feel totally let down my Skylum, even "ripped off" to be honest. For the last time Skylum ; please help or I will take action against Skylum and get my money back.

Robert Ford

Froze once, restarted then crashed while editing a low-res, one-off photo, using the Erase tool!!!

Ash Alexander

still waiting... so this product does not actually work can I please get a refund? 

James Blackburn

Luminar 4 keeps crashing. I have used Luminar 4 on a different computer for about a week. I just downloaded it to a new computer (Windows) and it keeps crashing while I am scrolling between pictures. I have contacted Skylum support & they give a canned response that someone will be back in touch. I had a huge problem getting anyone to respond in person on a different issue, so I am not confident anyone really cares. 

robert Blanc

No solution from skylum support till Luminar 3

David Chien

Mine has crashed like 2 times in 2 minutes. I've opened a photo to edit, all's good till I start making changes and then it starts processing as if it can't handle all the changes and then it crashed. My luminar 3 had the same issue but it wasn't as frequent. If Luminar 4 had the same crash frequency I would have closed an eye but now it seems worse.

ISO Awesome

Me posting on one of Skylum's Videos about Luminar 4:

I love this program, But should we be expecting an update soon?

Skylum reply:  Luminar 4 was just released, Why do we need to update it so soon?

Me: because it crashes every 5 minutes, My photos are imported in upside down, and it needs to be fixed.

Skylum never responded again...... that was 5 days ago....

Elena Blum

Hi,

Thank you very much for your appeal and your feedback. Our main aim is to bring our customers innovative and unique tools that were never seen before.

But also our most important aim right now is updating our software to improve the stability of it and to make the user experience better. We hope to ship an improvement as soon as possible.

Erik Yujuico

Giving us "Our main aim is to bring our customers innovative and unique tools that were never seen before." is great and all but if it is constantly crashing so much that we can't use them it is useless.

From all the reviews I have seen Luminar 3/4 seems to run fairly stable on Mac but on Windows, don't even bother.  Memory leaks, crashes, No using AI tools as they are the ones that send the computer to its death.  No need to send in logs as the problem lies in their code, not our systems.  Please hire some Windows developers and put the time in to correct the code please.  You don't need me to reproduce the issue, I have about 135 pictures in my library.  Open Task Manager and highlight Luminar.  Open Luminar 4, Open a folder with pictures, then start adding some Looks to even just one picture and look at the memory consumption in Task Manager.  I have 32GB of RAM, more than enough to run a filter and yet I can edit 4-5 pictures before it crashes.  Dell XPS i7 9th gen...it is not the hardware, it is the pooly written Windows code.

Thanks,

Erik

Robert Ford

Erik,

Excellent summary of my experience with Luminar 3 and 4. "Way back when" I started using v. 3, I was experiencing incredible memory leaks/crashes -- even when editing a one-off photo, i.e., no catalog to speak of. When I wrote to Support, they asked me to document my issue with screen captures -- that is, to do their QA for them. Certainly an outlandish request -- especially since the issues seem to be universal -- at least with Windows and a more than adequate system configuration of RAM. Overall, very disappointing experience. (Any other requests for support yield stock responses so it's not very encouraging.) True, there are some great AI features but when an app that offers multiple Layer capabilities and Clone/Stamp features (however, without Undo!!) and these features cause constant crashes, the frustration far outweighs the benefits. Maybe someday they'll get it together for Windows.

Kate Williams

Hi, 

As far as memory consumption is concerned - this is something our team is working right now. We're aware of the issue but as it requires a thorough investigation and tech development, it's taking longer than expected. The fix should be included in one of the following updates. 

Besides, we have a separate thread dedicated to the crashes of Luminar 4 on Windows. I invite you to join it here: 

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006546319-Luminar-4-crashes 

Chris Morris

I havent even been able to use this program as it just crashes every time

Total waste of money

christian pinder

how can thay of not sorted this out yet

Russel Brewty

I just bought Luminar 4 and every time I load a photo my CPU ( AMD Ryzen 9) hits 100% and takes about 30seconds to load, no issues with temperatures, RAM and GPU. First strike is I bought Luminar 4 with all bonuses but received a activation key for luminar4 only after one week, still waiting on the other keys, which is disgraceful, I have seen kids with lemonade stands that are more professional and efficient, Now! There is this issue.🙄 My be time for some class action soon.

christian pinder

i got that fedup with them messing about i whent and bort CAPCHAONE ITS FANTASTIC TRY IT 

Kate Williams

Russel, we've reached to you via your @live.com email and resent you all the info. As far as the speed is concerned - the next update that we hope to release by the end of this year will improve the performance. As of now, we recommend working with several catalogs containing fewer photos that are located on the internal drive. To create a new catalog, click Fike > Catalog > New. You'll be able to switch between catalogs via File > Catalog > Open. 

Christian, as far as I can see, the refund has already been processed by your request.

Post is closed for comments.