Sky Replacement

Comments

15 comments

Robert A. F. van de Voort

I am totally frustrated how to select one of existing preloaded sky names, a little thumbnail would be far better, this program is supposed to make it quicker and easier visually, why not point it to a build in folder where all skies are visible as thumbnails?

I am using now my own large sky folder to add skies to make it work. An easy work around is  for the developers to make the included skies available as a free download, then I can put them in my sky folder! This can be available next week....?

Comment actions Permalink
    Russ Colban

It would be great if a preview could show when scrolling through the replacement skies list.

Charles Frisinger

When replacing a sky in Luminar 4, which order is best for sky placement. Assume starting with a RAW file: place sky before any editing or after editing is complete?

I have now access to over 500 skies,using the epic skies from affinity photo as well, and I started to add my own skies too. The existing sky selection is just bare bones and does not add too much variety. An updated sky folder selection may be in order?

Tim Abraham

Robert...roy answered your request in the post above yours... you can simply go to the sky textures folder and cut and paste them into YOUR skies folder and then, with an empty sky textures folder, Luminar will only show you the option of going out to your folder.  (or were you now asking Skylum for more photos?)

I am asking Skylum for more Sky photos in their software for future buyers, I have enough...as I said before  - the existing sky selection is minimal for a program that advertises heavily "sky replacements..."

Tim Abraham

Robert...gotcha.  Maybe they should / could organize a shared site for Luminar customers like I have with my friends where we upload our skies and can download what we like from the others.   Seasonal blue skies, storms, sunsets, sunrises, drama, etc.  

Tim, I may suggest this on their Facebook site too. Their sky selection is too limited to be very effective.

Peter Hellstrand

Is it possible to add more skies to the default library? Any idea where the sky textures are stored on a Mac?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jeff,

I can see how that would be useful! I'll share the suggestion with our developers for their consideration.

Kate Williams

@Robert, 

These are the sky textures that Luminar uses: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9i6adaga4dugif/Pre-Installed%20skies.zip?dl=0 

Thanks Kate, that helps. There are many suggestions to make the choosing of skies etc even more visually and easier, so an update will be hopefully anser all that. Meanwhile thank you for your efficient and prompt answer.

Roy Blackwell

On Windows, the default sky files are located here:

C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\profiles\SkyTextures

Delete and/or move to any location of your choice. A future patch may put them back but just rinse and repeat if necessary.

William Nathe

I purchased two sky replacement from the Marketplace but I don't know where they went on my computer.  I use Windows 10.  I think I downloaded them but I haven't been to find them to upload them.  If I did not download them, how to get back to them to do that?

Kirk Osborn

The order fulfillment should have been sent to the email address that you used for the purchase. You can find the download links there. If you still can't find the email, please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we'll provide you with the download links.

Please sign in to leave a comment.