Comments

25 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Stefan,

Here's a quick guide on how to install look packs in Luminar 4:

Look packs for Luminar 4 have .mplumpack extension. Installing a look pack is simple:

• Launch Luminar.
    • Click File > Add Luminar Looks Collection.
    • Point Luminar to the look pack file.
    • Luminar should tell you that it has successfully installed the pack.

Individual look files for Luminar 4 have .lmp extension.

To install individual look files:

• Launch Luminar.
    • Click File > Show Luminar Looks Folder.
    • Copy .lmp files into the folder that you’ve opened in Step 2.
    • Restart Luminar.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Comment actions Permalink
    Helga Wimmen

How to install the todays LUT "Warm Sunsets" (these are jpegs) and "Creative Style LUts", which are cube?

Harold Mancusi-Ungaro

I have the same question as Stefan at the top.  The question is about LUTs not Looks. If I follow the directions on the PDF that is included in the free downloads, it lets me look at one LUT at a time.  It does not incorporate it into my library.  There should be a way to incorporate each folder as a group in the Creative option. Then there is the issue of bringing in the ones that I have in Luminary's 3.

B Czarnik

I had the same questions about "Skies", "LUTs" and "Textures". I just created 3 separate "root" (i.e. main) folders for each of these. Then I put the folders different "Skys", "LUTs" and "Textures" into the respective root folders. For example, I put the folder containing all the "warm sunsets" (i.e. the Warm Sunsets LUT) under that folder. 

To use them, I bring up an image in Edit, click on the Creative ("easel") and choose AI Sky Replacement, Color Styles LUT or Textures Overlay depending on what I want to do. There, each of the three allows you to select a custom Sky, color LUT or Texture by calling up a finder directory. Just go to the appropriate directory you set up and choose whichever sky, colour LUT or texture you want.

So the Skies, LUTs and Textures are outside of Luminar. I think they implemented it this way, as opposed to how the Looks are done (i.e. embedded as part of Luminar), since these three are basically each three types of images that you use as a basis for modifying an image as opposed to a Look, which is a whole set of image adjustments, each comprised of potentially dozens of image parameter adjustments. Plus, this approach of keeping it separate allows you to have 100's of skies, textures or LUTs if desired and manage as you want.

[Caution: if you move these directories around, or rename them or move around their contents, then you may have to re-point to them in Luminar, because Luminar seems to show the recently used ones when you go into Sky, LUT and Textures]

Bryon

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! Here's how to import LUTs into Luminar:

In Luminar > navigate to Creative Tab > Color Styles > click Choose LUT > Load Custom LUT file > navigate to the file you wish to load.
    At the moment it is possible to install only one LUT at a time. 

Carl Twyman

You can install here 

"Applications / Luminar 4.app / Contents / Frameworks / MPLuminar4Resources.framework / Versions / Current / Resources / DefaultLUTs" . 

I dont know why but Luminar doesn't recommend this, works fine on my Mac, no problems so far and it means that you can preview the LUT before applying it.

Harold Mancusi-Ungaro

I cannot find those files/directories.  Luminar 4.app is not a folder.  I searched for folders named Luminar and Frameworks and DefaultLUTs. I also looked in Library/Application Support, etc.

We need more information.

Larry Coleman

Yes, How do I add a folder of Skies or a folder of LUTS??

Larry Coleman

Also when I do a LUT one at a time, it seems to disappear into ???  How do I place it in a collection of LUTS??

Harold Mancusi-Ungaro

With regard to creating folders, I have my Documents folder in iCloud, so I can access it from both my desktop and laptop.  Within Documents, I have a folder Photography, and within that Photo Applications>Luminar 4 LUTs and another Luminar Looks and Luminar Textures.  I can then access them from both computers.  The Looks I install.

Larry Coleman

The question is --- can I ONLY add looks and LUTS one at a time and ONLY as I need them, OR is there a way to add collections of  LUTS, LOOK and for that matter Skies to the DROP DOWNS in Luminar, so that they are available as user-installed options at any time.

Ellen Kawadler

on PC, go to Program files>Skylum>Luminar 4>Data>Lutfiles and put in this folder

Reopen the program and they will show i up in Creative>color styles (LUTS)

B Czarnik

Ellen, can you have folders of LUTs so that they show up grouped by your category folders?

Carl, is there a simpler way to do this on a Mac. Now, I have such more internal system folders hidden as per the default or new Macs.

Thx

Ellen Kawadler

They appear under the group name.

Carl Twyman

Hi B Czarnic,   

Go to Finder then Applications right click on the Luminar  4 App then click on show package contents then follow this path "Contents / Frameworks / MPLuminar4Resources.framework / Versions / Current / Resources / DefaultLUTs"

You can now drag your new LUT folder into here and you will be able to preview and select them in Colour Styles in Luminar 4.

Please see my note on Luminar not recommending this but I have no problems on my Mac and I have added all the new free LUTS from the Webinair

Hope this helps

Harold Mancusi-Ungaro

Carl,

Bravo!  Thank you!  It works like a charm.  A few particulars I found. First, I did not realize that the app was in fact a hidden folder.  Within the tree, there is an alias, but clicking on the alias took me to the desired folder Default-LUTs.  I noted that that folder was divided into subfolders, which show up as categories in Luminar 4.  Great.  So, I copied the downloaded LUTs as folders trying to place them in the desired Default-LUTs folder.  They would not go, but went into the Current folder.  That said, I found that once they were in the Current folder, I could drag and drop them into the Default-LUTs folder.  Once I opened Luminar 4, there they were category by category as folder by folder.

Now that I know this, I can copy the Defaults-LUTs folder from my Desktop to my MacBook.  Thanks again.

Carl Twyman

You are very welcome.

George Lim

Thanks Carl it works! Cheers

Deborah Hinter

Could Skylum weigh in on this process?  I placed them into the Default LUT folder, but they disappeared.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

While it is possible to install LUTs into the software frameworks, we do not recommend it. If something is accidentally moved or deleted within those files it could cause the software to become unstable.

Deborah Hinter

Thank you, will the team implement the ability to somehow preview custom LUTS within?  Rather than click on each one and determine if suitable?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Deborah,

Better LUT management is on our feature request list, but there is no ETA on implementation at this time.

One workaround is to create Looks using LUTs. You can then quickly preview the effect in the Looks panel, and it works with the built in LUTS as well as custom LUTs you have elsewhere on your computer.

Harold Mancusi-Ungaro

Angela,

I appreciate your advice and caution.  The fact is that Carl's suggestion works well.  And it allowed me to have a copy of all my custom LUTs and Looks on both my desktop and laptop.  

You all really should make a priority the ability to have similar sets go back and forth from desktop to laptop.  Every other photo program I use does that.

Respectfully,

Angela Andrieux

Hi Harold,

Thanks for your feedback! I'll certainly share the suggestion with our developers.

Deborah Hinter

Thank you Angela, I will try creating LOOKS from these LUT.

Post is closed for comments.