Luminar 4 crashes

Comments

8 comments

Hi Thomas, same issue here. Got in touch with the technical support and I got the "standard answer" with the link (I tried to get help via email and this forum). Let's hope we do get this issued resolved. Kind regards.

Comment actions Permalink
    david wain

Yep, same here. Just installed Luminar 4 yesterday & keep crashing when scrolling the library, also very slow to load each image, no similar issues with Luminar 3 which i also have installed.

Frank Balzer

same issue here - from my point of view this software hasn't passed beta-test state :-(

Frank Anhäusser

Same here. Scrolling or applying an filter leads to a crash. I can not understand why you don't test the software enough. It's no fun if the disaster of v3 repeats.

Andreas Grau

Hello everybody,

I discovered similar issues like you. Always when the application gets busy a silent crash occurs (application shutdown),
    Either you scroll through library or even use filters. I think that I've a decent computer with 16GB of fast RAM, m2 SSD EVO970 plus and an i9 9900K with a Geforce GTX970 4G. Operating system is Windows 10 with the latest updates an patches.

Following errors I was able to extract from windows apllications logs:

Faulting application name: Luminar 4.exe, version: 4.0.0.4880, time stamp: 0x5dced610 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.418, time stamp: 0xfba22159 Exception code: 0xe0434352 Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839 Faulting process id: 0x1f24 Faulting application start time: 0x01d59e3570d5ce54 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\Luminar 4.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: 1a31b7f4-0c0a-4fd8-8eb9-7b2ad4a47fba Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID

====== or

Application: Luminar 4.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess() at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.get_IsDownloading() at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrameDecode.get_ColorContexts() at Luminar.DAM.Gallery.Models.GalleryImageModel.UpdateColorContext(System.Windows.M edia.Imaging.BitmapFrame, System.Windows.Media.ColorContext) at Luminar.DAM.Gallery.Models.GalleryImageModel.NotifyImageVisible() at Luminar.DAM.Gallery.VirtualCanvas.VirtualCanvasBase.EnsureVisibleItems() at Luminar.DAM.Gallery.VirtualCanvas.VirtualCanvasBase.MeasureOverride(System.Windo ws.Size) at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(System.Windows.Size) at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(System.Windows.Size) at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout() at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at
    MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingE xecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.Di spatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.Dispa tcherFrame) at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at Luminar4.App.Main()

=======or

or simply a runtime exception like "System.NullReferenceException at Common.PresetsList.ViewModels+<OnDocumentLoad>"

========

I've contacted the support but still no answer.

George Ag

Confirming. It crashes in multiple scenarios - I can find any specific use case causing it. in a;; mu machines I have min 16GB RAM, i7 CPUs and high-end Nvidia cards; all drives are NVMe SSDs.

Kate Williams

Hi Andreas,

We've just processed your request in CRM. The crash you've sent us is a known one. Our team seems to have found a fix and right now they take extra time to test it. The fix should be rolled out in the following update. 

@George, everyone, there's the thread dedicated to the same topic via this link: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006546319-Luminar-4-crashes

I invite you to carry on the discussion in the thread above. This thread will be closed for commenting as it duplicates the already existing one. 

For us to check what's likely to be causing the issue, please, contact our support team with a more detailed description of your workflow and logs.

Reproduce the crash.
    Press the Windows logo key + R.
    Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    Click Application in the directory tree.
    In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    Right-click on any of the two selected entries  and click Save Selected Events.
    Name the file, save it, and attach it to an email to support@skylum.com

Post is closed for comments.