Luminar 4 Where are all the tools and filters

Comments

3 comments

Collene G

Hi - I never used Luminar 3. I used Luminar 2018 and Luminar Flex. 

I think that the tools have just been rearranged and re-packaged. Maybe a little bit streamlined even.

For example, there doesn't appear to be a Develop tool anymore. Instead, when you are on the layer for the original image, look for the pencil and ruler icon in the upper right. Click that and you'll see "Lens & Geometry" settings. Then to get to the rest of the Develop settings, you'll need to look for the sun icon on the right hand side to bring up the Essentials tools and look at the top for Light.

I found that a number of tools had been rearranged this way like several tools now appear under Landscape Enhancer. There were some that disappeared - such as UV, but I am wondering if the effect the produced is now better handled by another improved added filter.

It would really help if there was an actual user manual available, but I guess that is asking too much, right?

Comment actions Permalink
    Subash Rajesh

I completely agree with Collene G. An actual user manual would be great for the transition from Luminar 3 to 4.

I have liked the way the microstructure tool used to work in Luminar 3 and I noticed that this is now being taken care by the AI Structure too. Sounds cool and does a great job but I would also like to have a manual control over the microstructure tool. I know this sounds totally against the core philosophy of Skylum, but having the option to take manual control of certain filters like microstructure will be a good addition I believe. It's more or less like using our DSLR, where we can utilize the auto modes for reducing our fuss and also have the option to jump into manual mode to tweak over the limitations of the auto modes. 

Anastasia Davis

Hi! Please check this post:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006646399-Where-re-my-filters-from-Luminar-3- 

It has an answer to your questions.

Post is closed for comments.