Comments

86 comments

KEFENG ZHOU

Same question as Weiming Wu. I wrote to Skylum yesterday but had no reply except an auto inform letter.

The Chinese users who bought from Chinese re-seller have got a code that can not activate Luminar 4. The re-seller said we Chinese users have to wait until December for the "official Chinese" version. Is it true? And why?

For me, it is some kind of discrimination. Doesn't Skylum an international company? Doesn't Luminar 4 an Internationalized app?  What dose the localized Chinese Language for? You are going to maintenance multi-version of app?   What's the point?

I bought from Chinese re-seller not because it is cheaper, but for they claimed themselves as Official China Branch and I would prefer to see Chinese information. I would have bought the English version if I knew that the Chinese can only use a special SN to activate a special version of Luminar 4.

Comment actions Permalink
    KEFENG ZHOU

and one more thing, the "Chinese version" can not refund. 

I bought this software and had the same problem with it that I had with the free version of 3.  downloader does not work.  Offline downloader does not work either.  Piece of crap software.  What a waste of money. 

If I ever get this to install they should throw in all the extras for all the hassle and frustration.  This is rediculous. 

Edmund Comber

@Kefeng Zhou  Don't worry this is NOT any kind of discrimination, it won't install for most of us, whoever and wherever we are.

Absolute disgrace that there is no real response from support, either here of from a report using their support email address.

Alina Skylum

Hi Everyone.

For anyone who is trying to contact Support Team. We typically reply within 24 hours, but currently, we receive lots of emails after Luminar 4 release. However, we will make sure to reply to each and every request.

We really hope for your patience!

Thomas Lombardi

I cannot install the windows version either.  I've tried the offline link as well located on page 1 of this thread.  Question - When I view my "manage license" on my skylum account, I notice that it says that I have activated 1/2 of my activations with one being a MAC version OS.  I cleared and downloaded both the offline and online link and once download the app closes down as soon once I enter my email and activation code and click activate.  I check my license again, and it again says MAC version activated under manage my activation.

Are the windows links installing a MAC version of the software?  I can't believe this to be true but it's strange that my activation says 1/2 with the one being a MAC OS.  I have tried to download this software on a MAC yet.

Thomas Lombardi

edit - I have NOT tried to download to MAC yet -

Edmund Comber

Roy Blackwell sent me a link to download an Offline Installer in my other thread specifically titled for this issue.

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.msi

Using this link, I downloaded and then successfully installed and activated Luminar 4.

Hope it helps others

Giovanni Farina

I had the same problem where I couldn't install because of a connection error, then I resolved it installing with the offline version, but out of curiosity today I tried to rename the installer Luminar 4 instead of Luminar4Setup, and it worked.

Glenn Brooks

this install does not make a difference.  Can't install the program.

Please let me know how to get the refund process moving forward.

I also can not install / activate the software. I try for my Mac the dmg and the install.app files. Both the same, no internet connection ... 

Petra Werkman

I have tried every suggestion so far, but nothing seems to work. Please refund! 

Giovanni Farina

Weird that some people fix it by resetting the host file... the host file it's used to block connection to specific websites and servers, common in school, for protection from dangerous website, or when people are pirating programs to avoid online license check.

Ben Russell

What's more weird is you can't download a simple program that you paid for without hassle, or support!!!!!

Duc Vu Anh

The update pop up on my Luminar 4 and now mine is 4480. What is about the change log of that update.

I am the early bird that get 11.11 update. Is this to bring my luminar to be on par with 18.11 release?

pat scanlon

tried everything still will not let me enter activation key, bad start with luminar,does not instill confidence hope this problem is fixed soon   

Anna V

Hi Pat, 

I will be glad to assist you but could you please send us the screenshot of the activation window with your activation code and email inserted via http://www.skylum.com/support  

Here's how to make a screenshot on Mac:

1. Press Shift-Command-3.

2. Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

Here's how to take a screenshot on Windows:

1. Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn.”

2. You will see the screenshot appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder.

Thomas Lombardi

I have contacted customer support on 3 occasions since Wednesday of last week and have not been contacted.  I have sent screenshots of the activation issue each time.  What do I need to do to get a response from someone at Skylum?  I see they are asking people to contact them in this thread in the last couple of days, but I don't see any mention of a solution to the problem that so many have on this thread.  I can download the app, but my activation code is not working and is just simply closing the activation screen.

Petra Werkman

Try the earlier mentioned solution which I tried and it worked Resetting the host will do the trick (I hope) for you

Elena Blum

Hi Thomas,

We've sent you an e-mail, please check your inbox!

Glenn Brooks

Is someone going to answer my question?  How do we get the refund process started.  I have spent more that the program is worth my my time 5 times over trying to get it to install.  SOMEONE NEEDS TO RESPOND ON HOW TO GET THE REFUND PROCESS STARTED.

Kate Williams

@Glenn, due to a huge number of incoming requests, it may take extra time for our team to process all the incoming requests. 

However, as far as I can see, our team has just got back to you via email. If you'd like to get a refund, please, simply reply to the email we've sent you. Moreover, please, make sure to try the alternative installer we've sent you. 

Arno Thaler

Lizenz lässt sich nicht aktivieren, da für das Notebook eine ständige Mitteilung "Falsche E-Mail-Adresse" erscheint.

Die Lizenz wurde käuflich erworben!

Anna V

Hi Arno,

As far as I can see we have already sent the response to you from our support. 

Please check your inbox and make sure to check your Spam box too, our letter might appear to be there. 

Post is closed for comments.