Comments

86 comments

Brian Dorsey

Mac installation fails too.

Comment actions Permalink
    Harry Cain

Cannot install the Luminar 4 Upgrade. After accepting the terms of agreement receive the following:

Looks similar as reported above from a German customer 

No word yet from support

Edmund Comber

Well this is a bit of a farce, after all the hype.  I purchased Luminar 4 pre-launch based on early preview reviews and the standard set by version 3 that was well respected.

To not be able to even install it is a major failure, looks like I may have to go back to Adobe Photoshop Elements.....

Come on Skylum, step up to the plate and get this fixed please.

farshad rezvanian

hey guys, need to use vpn or proxy

Edmund Comber

Sorry, but that is an unacceptable solution.  Proper software installs correctly and normally.  It does not require special work-arrounds.  I don't have a Proxy or a VPN and neither do the majority of people.

My wife has identical PC build on same network and was able to install without issue. Yet I'm still "not connected to the internet". Still no response from support 😔

T2

Luminar 4 install doesn't even give me the option to enter the registration key. It's trial only. What's going on here?

Steve

I too had the internet connection issue, the VPN method worked for me. Thankfully i have a VPN program, most wont and will get stuck. This needs to get fixed asap.

Steve

Tylor, i believe all installs will be trial, if you close then open it will bring up a new screen asking to validate, enter your email and the key you got  via email and it will convert to full. Did for me. I also attached to this profile and everything seems sync/validated.

Ed Wilts

The download link didn't work for me saying it couldn't connect to the Internet.

The offline installer worked fine.  Under the File menu, there's an activate option - that worked with the code I received in the email today (which matched the code in the original email when I ordered it back in August).

Mark Riddick

The offline installer worked for me on my laptop and I activated the software using the code provided when I purchased the upgrade.

The online installation worked on a different PC on the same network. The only difference I can see is that PC is using McAfee Endpoint Security and the laptop is using Windows Defender and Firewall plus the PC is on Win 10 build 1803 and the laptop build 1903.

• VPN/proxy no change
    • Windows build 1903 same as wifes who has no problem installing with identical build on same network.  
    • windows defender/firewall disabled

still "To use the trial version of Luminar, please connect your device to the internet"

Disabled the vpn, turned on firewall and antivirus and it suddenly worked.  Not going to question why or how. 20+ attempts later it's installed.

marc labro

hello,

It's a pity we didn't receive a mail with download link on 18/11 early morning !

However, i visited my account this morning, downloaded and installed L4 without any problem (i had frozen Kaspersky anti-virus 1h to be sure).

Now i am going to try to download and install the insiration looks pack i received with my order on 26/9.

Can i install all my previous looks (Jim Nix, market place signature and looks) in L4 or not recommended ?

best regards

marc

marc labro

INSPIRATION LOOK.ZIP link in order confirmation mail doesn't work (no link in fact).

It is not on my account (this already happened for flex look mega pack !!!)

can you provide link for it in this post and in accounts ?

best regards

marc

Ben Russell

Anyone got to the bottom of this error yet, mega annoyed and luminar don't respond at all

Christian Störcher

Same here; can´t activate Luminar - it always crashes after i typed the E-Mail and the Activation Code. I registered in Windows, so i really don´t know, why there is "Mac" standing...

Brian Dorsey

Is there anyone from the company even looking at this board?  A response would be appreciated - at least some hope.....

Anastasia Davis

@Marc Please reach our support team and we will send you the link: https://skylum.com/support
    @Brian We replied to this post yesterday. Please note the first pinned reply to this post.

@Christian Please reach our support team and we will assist: https://skylum.com/support

Brian Dorsey

yes, I tried this link too.  same thing.  no luck.  see error message above.

as you can see from my downloads, i've tried everything you've said....

same issue over and over.

Ben Russell

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default

This worked for me after 24 hours of trying people

Alina Skylum

@Brian Please note that this is a thread for Windows. Nevertheless, you are referring to Mac.
    Use this alternative installer:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg

Trevor Weld

I'm having the same trouble. I've tried everything and keep getting the same "must be connected to the internet" message. This is beyond frustrating!! I've sent my host files in to be reviewed. Hopefully something will get resolved, quickly or I'll be asking for a refund. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default 

Works in my case to no problem after do that. 

Its so sad that we must find a own way to get what we paid for. The support dosen´t help here.

marc labro

hello everybody,

If it helps, as told earlier, i went to my skylum account and select on top of page "not received a mail, download Luminar 4 here".

i dowloaded the small setup file, freeze kaspesky anti-virus 1 hour, right clic run as administrator under win10 and it was installed in few minutes

in trial mode.

i closed and launched again and enter my keycode and that's it. i converted my 70K images L3 catalog to L4 one and started playing.

Edmund Comber

My host file IS at default and always was, but even if I did have my own required entries, it should not affect the installation of any software nor the access to any external web site.

This is fiasco is just plain unacceptable.  Skylum have had my money for weeks, and they deliver a product that won't install.

Cindy Bird

(Win 7 Pro)
    Pre-purchased Luminar 4 in Nov. (SmugMug & Inspiration Looks bundle)

Yesterday the link for downloading within MY ACCOUNT ("Didn't get the Download Link?") did NOT offer to activate using a key. I then uninstalled the program, hoping I would receive an email, but I did not.

Just now I tried again and had success. Upon launching the program, and on a second screen, I was given the opportunity to enter an Activation code. No issue running or with installation, and the software now shows in my account's Software.

As for the InspirationLooksPack, I was able to go directly to FastSpring, open my account, and actually see the download link for it there. I now have it as well.

I hope this helps.

Trevor Weld

Hallelujah!! It worked! Thanks, for the help guys..you rock🤙🏻

Weiming Wu

Does anyone know how long we usually get feedback from Skylum after contacting customer service? I've sent out my questions but haven't got a reply yet. Thanks.

Post is closed for comments.