Comments

86 comments

• Official comment
    Alina Skylum

Hi,

Your anti-virus software and firewall may be the issue for connecting error on Windows. Please try the following:

In case it doesn't work, please try to use an alternate installer:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.msi

Or contact our support team if you have some issues and we will do our best to assist you https://skylum.com/support

Comment actions Permalink
    terry holttum

Windows link does not work

Daniel Chetroni

On windows it does not work: it's asking for the internet connection, but the connection is ok, no blocking from a firewall.

Please help.

Daniel Chetroni

I run the setup, it opens the Licensing Agreement, and when I press the Accept, I recive the error: " We're having trouble connecting. Please check your internet connection and try again"

On windows it does not work: it's asking for the internet connection, but the connection is ok, no blocking from a firewall.

Having same problem.  Located in New Zealand.  Disabled firewall/antivirus.  No luck.

Paweł Adamski

It doesn't work in Poland 
    KEFENG ZHOU

Doesn't work in Thailand. Says There is no internet connection.

Daniel Chetroni

Not working in Romania, on windows.

Havard Skrodahl

Works in Sweden

terry holttum

Is this a con

Charlie Hoffman

Good Morning, Today is launch day and with all the email hype from Skylum I've been looking forward with anticipation to receive my email of the link to download it and get started. Well, I awoke at 5am to participate in the video and get started working with it. Sad to report that is 10:30am est and still no email with the key code or download link. I sure would appreciate  Skylum posting to my library of software a download link and activation code as has been done in the past.

Thus Far, Very Disappointed in the Rollout

Saravana Janardhan

It is really frustrating that the software install itself fails. why don't you guy share both online and offline links so people don't have to reach out to support.

I had the same issue with Luminar 3 too. Its waste of time to submit a ticket and wait for someone to respond back.

Paweł Adamski

any idea how to run it ??
    Saravana Janardhan

i used the offline link

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.msi

it works.

farshad rezvanian

hi, after install luminar4, show me this message :

KEFENG ZHOU

OK,the offline installation package works. It can be installed, however, my activation code doesn't work. I pre-ordered the code from 500px but Luminar 4 returns "code not right, you have 5 chances to retry".

Victor Bell

The links that Skylum (Alina) provides above for the MAC download is worthless.  It takes you to a version for a free trial.  I bought the program a month ago and need a link and need a link to a version whereby I enter my activation code.  Jesus, take at look at what you are putting out there on launch day.

Andrea Brehm

*The links that Skylum (Alina) provides above for the MAC download is worthless. It takes you to a version for a free trial. I bought the program a month ago and need a link and need a link to a version whereby I enter my activation code. Jesus, take at look at what you are putting out there on launch day. (written by Vicor Bell)

... the same problem in Berlin with Win10-link: free trial without the possibility to enter my activation code - we wait for our mails with the right link ;-)

David Slater

Same problem, the download link does not work gives the unable to connect to internet problem. The full install has worked, but I can find nowhere to add my license number?

Okay solved now, just had to start it again and I got the activate screen.

Greg Wallis

Installed just fine and works flawlessly. Just drumming my fingers on the desk waiting for the email with my activation code.

Someone posted this was a con, that someone is an idiot.

The AI (or, more accurately, Machine Learning) features are quite simply amazing. Perfect? No. But still amazing.

Andrea Brehm

18:56 pam, Berlin

The third attemt worked. I used the link in my account.

After the third attempt of installation: it works without problems: mail address and activation code were easy to enter.

greetings

Andrea Brehm

dear Greg Wallis,

*Someone posted this was a con, that someone is an idiot.*

PLEASE ALWAYS STAY POLITE.

best regards and a good workflow with Luminar 4 for everyone

No Email with the Downloadlink, the normal link from the page dosen´t work and the offline Link dosen´t work too.Each time I read ,, unable to connect to internet" Great Game. No more I buy a Software befor launch.

Ok

1st.   I downloaded the trial version.

2end    I checked my old email from Skylum with the receipt confirmation when I bought Luminar 4. This email has the activation key in it.

3rd.    I used the code from the old email {the one you got after you paid for Luminar 4} to activate it in the full version.

Now finally I am HAPPY and all WORKS GREAT.

Still waiting on the SmugMug code. {THEY SAIT IT WILL COME LATER TODAY.

Good Luck everyone........

Please note that you can find your Luminar 4  license key in the fulfillment email you've got right after the purchase.

You will get SmugMug later today. 

Karl Hufnagl

The installer not work on my MacBook Pro

Always end with "An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later.

farshad rezvanian

after one hours i try with vpn ssl proxy, run app normaly and activated....

try it with vpn

Edmund Comber

Same issue.  Windows 10, just downloaded Luminar 4, on clicking "Agree" to Terms, tells me to check my internet connection.  Nothing wrong with my Internet connection.

I tried with firewall and Bit Defender disabled, still no go (a decent installer SHOULD NOT need you to turn off all protection.....) .

Seems to be a general problem and needs fixing.  I am a new customer for Luminar 4, not impressed so far it it won't even install.

Karl Hufnagl

Skylum did something special (in the wrong way) with their installation routine.

I solved it to use a hotspot from my phone. Over this hotspot it was working.

Tried everything mentioned here including the offline installer, still get the same message.

Post is closed for comments.