Windows Version Should Have Been Kept in Beta.

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rick,

With regard to the OpenGL issue, we're still collecting info on this issue, e.g. the number of the users affected, etc. We wouldn't want to come out with a hasty patch, so we're taking time to do things right.

Comment actions Permalink
    Andy Martin

+

So totally agree with you Rick !  THis whole windows version of Luminar should not have been released until it was properly debugged !

Roy Blackwell

Almost all software today is in a state of 'beta' whether they use that term or not. Apps on my Window PCs and my Android phone are in a near constant state of being updated either for feature enhancements or performance improvements. It is the nature of software in the 21st century. In the Windows PC world there is a very large gamut of hardware, from the very old to state of the art fresh out of the factory. This means it can be very difficult for software vendors to accommodate everyone. Sometimes these vendors have to make decisions relative to what they support and what they don't so their software can perform better for the larger pool of more up-to-date hardware. That is always going to leave some users unhappy. 

Guy Meacham

"Sometimes these vendors have to make decisions relative to what they support and what they don't so their software can perform better for the larger pool of more up-to-date hardware. That is always going to leave some users unhappy." 

I would agree except that the time to do this is before you sell them the software or at the time of a new version release not on performance upgrade that is supposed to deliver what was promised when the customer purchased the software. That's an important difference.

Andy Martin

All very well for you Roy  to say this, 

"Sometimes these vendors have to make decisions relative to what they support and what they don't so their software can perform better for the larger pool of more up-to-date hardware. That is always going to leave some users unhappy." 

But I have to agree with Guy,

''the time to do this is before you sell them the software or at the time of a new version release not on performance upgrade that is supposed to deliver what was promised''

Please sign in to leave a comment.