Cannot see gradient filter once added.

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Avinash,

Are you referring to the Top & Bottom Lighting filter? If so, you can re-adjust the gradient by clicking on the Set Orientation button within the filter.

Comment actions Permalink
    Avinash Kumar

Thanks for the response Angela.  I think you are talking about 'Adjustable Gradient' Filter. 

Am referring to adding Adjustment Layer and then adding Gradient Mask.

Please have a look at the images below. I'm talking about 'Adjustment Layer 1' on the right hand side panel. The gradient lines are visible at the time of applying the gradient. 

Now after applying the gradient, if i select Sample Image and then select 'Adjustment Layer 1' again then I do not see the gradient lines. I'm unable to adjust the lines. 

Konstantin Zolo

Avinash,

That's right, no way to re-edit it, at least as of now. You can always undo your changes and start again though.

Gloria MacDonald

I was hoping that by version 3.2 you would get this feature right. Sorry but "start again" is not part of a good workflow! I understand that having the brushes re-editable isn't such a great thing, but gradients SHOULD be re-editable. Sometimes a gradient mask needs to be tweaked to get it just right. Starting again doesn't solve this.

Barry Levine

"That's right, no way to re-edit it, at least as of now. You can always undo your changes and start again though."

Jeez; I'm back in Windows 3.1, I guess.

Have to agree with Gloria here; Someone really dropped the ball with this tool. In fact, it really does make Luminar a poor alternative to LR if I have to go into LR to be able to apply and edit my gradient masks.

A-ha! Did some extra searching and one may use the NIK plugins. In Silver Efex (and maybe some others), the vignetting and burning functions provide much better functionality than Luminar does and may be edited easily prior to saving back.

Please sign in to leave a comment.