how to match multiply images

Comments

5 comments

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Bernhard,

Could you please specify what our software you use?

Also, as I get it you want to align more than 50 images to one, don't you?

Please specify what result you want to achieve.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bernhard Kubalek

Luminar Jupiter

At the moment i don't want 50 of them, max 3-10 images.

At the end i like to get one image that shows the changes over the year. so each month or 2month will become 2-3cm visible. and then the next month, from left to rigth.

With "gradient mask" i like to make a smooth change from image to image. 

The gradient amsk works fine but the alingemnt i'm not able to "fix".

Sherwood Botsford

I know exactly what he's trying to do.  It's a very cool idea.

Ideas to try:  

* Can you use Aurora for this?  It's mostly for HDR, but any HDR has to align images first.  I don't know if you can extract the images as separate layers after alignment.

* Seems to me that any program that does stack focusing will need to do this too.  

In both of these situations, the software will make an assumption about what the max image shift will be, and also assumes that the images will be more similar than yours are likely to be.  You may have to do this manually to get them 'close enough'

THAT said:  I can see lots of situations in compositing images where you need to see through one layer to properly place/adjust it.  I can also see that enabling transparency while moving an image is going to be a slow operation.  This likely needs a toggle.

Angela Andrieux

Thanks for the suggestions, Sherwood! While Aurora HDR does align the images, and original images can be added back in as layers, these layers are not automatically aligned (this feature is, however, on our request list, and will be implemented in the future).

Sherwood Botsford

You don't need perfect pixel level alignment then.  

Try this:   If Luminar has drawing tools, put a cross hair several clearly identifyable features in one image.  Particular tree branch union.  Top of a post.  That sort of thing.

Put this on the top layer.  Now transform the lower image to match.  Of course if transforming hides the markers you're still hooped.

Please sign in to leave a comment.