Problem: Luminar 2018 does not read RW2 from DMC G3 correctly

Comments

11 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi George,

We would highly appreciate if you can send us your original file(s). You can upload the file to www.WeTransfer.com & send us a shared download link. You can post it here or email support@skylum.com.

It would also be helpful to have some information about your PC.

On Windows 7 or 8 click on "Start", then right-click the Computer shortcut and select Properties, from the Start menu or from most places where you see the Computer shortcut. Some options how to make a screenshot on Windows 7 or 8 can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

On Windows 10 right click on "Start Menu" and click on "System" in pop-up menu to open "System" window. Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn” and the screenshot will appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder. 

Thanks in advance! We look forward to hearing from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    George Mentzikof

Hi Angela,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Forgot to mention I am using version 1.2.0.1886 on windows 10 PC.

I don't have experience from previous versions of Luminar as I decided to buy it with your recent offer and after checking camera compatibility list.

RW2 files are read correctly by other software I have tested in my PC like Lightroom or XnView.

I have uploaded a 7z file at WeTransfer (  https://we.tl/NkEaVSQGMe  ) including an rw2 file and screenshots from System and Luminar as you requested.

Please help, because I really want to start using Luminar!

Regards,

George

Konstantin Zolo

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us!

The issue is known and will be fixed in future updates.

George Mentzikof

Hi Konstantin,

I could not find someone else mentioning this problem googling it.
    When do you plan fixing this issue? As far as I am concerned this bug makes Luminar useless to me. Is there a workaround or a patch I could use?

Regards,
    George

Konstantin Zolo

George,

The issue will be fixed in a next update, however, no ETA yet. If you're not willing to wait please send us a refund request at support@skylum.com

George Mentzikof

FYI:  Just tried Luminar 2018 1.1.1 (the one provided for download at Windows forum for those having issues with OPENGL) and RW2  files from DMC-G3 are opening fine! SO only the latest version has the problem!!!

Jannis Witnik

Hi,

I have this problem too and wrote to your support a little time ago and I am using a Mac. The Luminar 1.1.1 ist only for Windows. Is there a possibility to get the older version for mac even when I have purchased it from the AppStore? Because I love Luminar and don't want to wait for the update :)

Denis Kotsee

The 1.1.1 version for Mac isn't in the open access anymore, but I'll probably be able to find it by this Tuesday. Sorry for making you wait

Please send us an email at support@skylum.com (mention that this is a request from the forum, so that your email gets forwarded to me), and I'll email you the download link.

Denis Kotsee

Hi everyone, here's the link to download Luminar 1.1.1 for Mac.

Jannis Witnik

Thanks, man you're the best ;)

George Mentzikof

Hi to all and support.

I inform you that incorrect reading RW2 files from Panasonic G3 issue is solved in version 1.3.0.2214 and already I am starting to be amazed how much easier it is to develop and output a good result out of a raw file compared to Lightroom. Seems I will be fanatic user soon!

Please sign in to leave a comment.