Exporting Images

Comments

8 comments

Julia Kot Kot

We would appreciate if you send us a screenshot with information about your PC.

WINDOWS 10

Right-click on "Start Menu" and click on "System" in the pop-up menu to open "System" window.

After this, you should see a window with basic information about your system. Please take a screenshot of this information and send it to us.

To take the screenshot and save it as a file, press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn.” On some laptops and other devices, you may need to press the “Windows logo key + Ctrl + PrtScn” or “Windows logo key + Fn + PrtScn” keys instead.  The screenshot will appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Janis Heppell

Janis Heppell

Hello? Any input based on the information you requested?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Janis,

Apologies for the delayed response and thank you for the screenshot. Based on your hardware configuration it looks like your computer should be able to handle Luminar without any issue, so we'll need to dig deeper to figure out the issue.

Can you provide us with a detailed description of the process that leads to the overly long export?
    A numbered list of steps would be the most convenient. For example,
    1. Launch Luminar.
    2. Load the file named X with an extension Y.
    3. Apply Z filter.
    4. Set S slider to U value.
    5. etc. etc.

The more detailed the description is the quicker we'll be able to figure out what might be causing the issue.

Also, if possible, it would help if you could send us one of the files you are having this issue with. You can use wetransfer.com to upload the file if it is too large to email and then send the download link and steps requested above to support@skylum.com.

Thank you in advance!

Janis Heppell

As a test:

1. Launch Luminar

2. Loaded file IMG_1479.JPG

3. Applied minimal edits: Accent Al Filter (Boost 24), Structure Amount 42

4. Clicked on File, then Export

5. Exporting File bar appears 

6. I abort process after 6 minutes of waiting

I have tried to save multiple files and yet been able to export ANY of them, even after minimal (cropping only) editing. I will send this outline of steps as well as the JPG file via email to support@skylum.com. Is there a way to identify myself so that the person who receives it knows the background and what the issues are? 

Konstantin Zolo

Janis,

Be sure to add a link to this thread in your letter. Thank you in advance!

David Roby

From bitter experience, Janis, I can tell you that exporting can take 20, 30, 40 minutes or longer, even after applying minimal edits in Luminar. I thought the last update had solved my problems but, unfortunately, the exporting rate is getting worse (as for Aurora, my longest export has been about 90 minutes; I can no longer use it as life is too short, and I'm heading that way with Luminar too). I have not received any value for my outlay purchasing these programmes. I can go from LIghtroom with basic adjustments into Photoshop for more substantial edits, layers, masks etc, flatten the image and save to Lightroom in a matter of seconds; there are serious problems with the Skylum software, at least as far as the Windows versions are concerned.

Mariia Divavina
    Hi David,

Have you contacted support@skylum.com regarding the issue? I cannot locate your request.
    We a now closer to the solution of the issue that Janis Heppell described above. We will post the results in a while so that it could be useful for other users of Skylum Community.

Regards,

Please sign in to leave a comment.