Controlling Opening option????

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bjarne,

Are you referring to the splash screen at opening where you can choose to open an image or batch process?

At this time there is no way to customize that screen, but I will pass the suggestion to our editors.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bjarne Winkler

Nope it is not the splash screen that is say copyright 2017 and then also 2018 in the title like you forgot to fix the copyright date ;-(  Maybe the new 2018 version is not copyrighted.  Talk to your legal advisers about that.

It is the next popup type of screen.  Which I think is great for beginners, but it is getting old very fast.  This is where most programs have a checkbox that you can select to not see that again.  Clearly in preference (oh you do have that, what's up with that) you should be able to enable or disable that function and then I have a long list of things that most program can do but for some reason Luminar can't, which most likely are real cool features that all your competitors has.

Sorry that I am tough about my postings, but remember you sold me a product that I am not 100% is fully cooked (for windows).  I like where you are going so I am hoping some of this is helping.

Worst mistake most software developers do is that they do not use the product for real.  The design, test, debug and play.  But using for real stuff like your clients does is another story.

Julia Kot

Please note that Luminar 2018 was released in 2017.

In order for us to better assist you here. please provide us with a screenshot of the screen you are referring to :) 

Thanks in advance! 

Sherwood Botsford

My favourite program for opening is Text Wrangler -- a programmer's editor.  TW opens where I left off.  Exactly.  

If I have 3 windows open, it opens 3 windows.  It remembers my cursor position.  It remembers my window placement.  If a file wasn't saved to it's permanent file on disk, it's opened in it's unsaved state.

Bjarne Winkler

Julia, her you go

The (1) is great for beginners, be get old very fast.

The (2) is the option to not show this dialog type of a box - I know that I can do a Ctrl(O) and get to where I can become productive.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bjarne, 

I will pass your suggestion to our editors. Thank you for the feedback!

Bjarne Winkler

Thanks and you are so welcome

Please sign in to leave a comment.