Luminar for iPad

Answered

Comments

64 comments

Paul Samson

Following up based on the recent Apple WWDC, does the move to ARM-based CPUs make it more likely that Luminar can be soon made to run on an iPad?  If iPad apps can run on a Mac (soon), why can’t a Mac app run on an iPad?  Apple suggested it would not be hard to recompile the code to run on an ARM CPU.  Can you shed light on the impact of these OS changes on the probability we can soon get a fully-functional iPad Luminar 4 app?

I purchased a new iMac in December when my old one died only because there was no Luminar 4 iPad app.I truly hope it is the last desktop I have to buy.

Many thanks.

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

Hi Paul! Thanks for reaching out. Please note that these are two different systems with significant differences. Nevertheless, we are considering developing a version for the iPad. Not in the near future, though.  

I’m testing the developer beta for iPad OS now with Stage Manager. The mouse inputs, pencil inputs etc and the M1 processor make Luminar with its current UI an ideal candidate for an iPad OS app. Since Apple’s iPad roadmap will include processors at least as powerful as the M1 going forward, Luminar would run fast on the machines. Hoping this is still underconsideration.

Gonzalo Blasco

Still waiting Luminar Neo on my iPad Pro M1... Do you know many photographers are moving to iPad OS?...

Please sign in to leave a comment.