Luminar 4 Error message cannot connect to the internet

Answered

Comments

29 comments

• Official comment
    Elena Blum

Hi, 

If you have any issues with the connection while installing Luminar 4, you can simply use the offline installer: 

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.exe

Comment actions Permalink
    Steven Neville

I'm experiencing the same issue. Also did the early release purchase. What is the fix for this???

Giovanni Farina

any solution? First time ever happens to me and it's quite annoying, I tried everything, put antiviruses down, firewall exception etc, it does not work. Any chance to have a full installer? I'd like to be able to use it. And I don't have anything added in the host file either to block any connections.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Giovanni! 
    Here is an alternative installer: 
    https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.msi

Frederic Francois

Same  issue with the offline installer not installing Lightroom and have to install it manually 

In regards to my Asus router, didn't do anything 

And I still  can't figure out how on one computer the original file worked but not on my main graphic computer

It can't be my router as on 1 pc it worked  

Timothy Green

Does Not Install on my system either. "We're Having Trouble Connecting" message comes up.

Juan Lopez

Too many people with the same problem is not normal. Something does not work well with the installation. As an user I want a simple and operational installation of the program from the first moment. I don't want to have to disable my antivirus, Firewall, etc. or have to configure my router or have to send my computer data by email.

I'm sorry Skylum. You have lost a customer

Kirk Osborn

We are sorry for the delayed reply, we receive a lot of questions these days. I have replied to your email, please check your inbox.

Cheers!

Giovanni Farina

Hi Anastasia.

Thank you very much for your help, very appreciated. It's working.

I found out what is causing this issue.  I sniffed the traffic and realized that the installer is doing a redirect from http://luminar4win.skylum.com to https://gtly.ink/sRuod3FQw.  My ASUS wireless router was blocking the redirected URL as being a malicious site.  I had to log into my router and disable it temporarily and now the installer works.  I could not use the offline installer as it is not the same.  If you use the offline installer, it will not detect Lightroom or Photoshop and install the plugins.  The normal installer is the only way to get the plugins installed.

Giovanni Farina

Try rename the installer just Luminar 4, I know it sounds crazy, but it worked for me.

Mike Barone

I was also getting the same error.  I have an Asus RT-AC68U Router.   I turned off Malicious Sites Blocking and I was able to perform the installation.

Thanks to the tip above, I would have never thought to look at the router to block the installation of this software.

Also a note for those who have Asus Routers with the November 2019 Firmware Installed - You may need to install the new firmware manuall (when it becomes available).  The router is having trouble checking the Asus website for updates.

Juan Lopez

Same problem here. I tried to install the trial version several ways, online, offline... but it doesn't work. So, I don't want to waste my money in a program that I can't use it. The solutions don't work either and I don't want to disable my firewall or change my router settings

Good job, Skylum... :((

Mike Evans

I'm having the same problem as this and having no luck. Turned off firewalls etc and uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times trying different installers. Still keeps saying i have no internet connection and can't get on the program to activate it. Contacred suppport but no reply as yet after over 24 hours. Love the program but can't be paying for something that doesn't work. Please can someone contact me.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Evans

OK thanks I've sent that info over along with a screenshot of the problem and await your response.
    Thanks
    Mike

Victoria Grace

Thanks! We've just sent you an email, please, check your inbox.

Mike Evans

Hi checked it and nothing other than copies of this response in my inbox or spam folder.

Victoria Grace

We've resent it once again. If it's not there and not in the spam folder, please, try to reach us from an alternative email.

Mike Evans

Hi I've responded again as nothing is working so far and I'm not exactly a technical wizard so this is making what should be a very easy process very difficult and time consuming.
    Thanks
    Mike

Mike Evans

I've also tried connecting via my mobile device as a hotspot to no avail.

Victoria Grace

We've just answered you, please, follow the steps from the email you've received.

Mike Evans

Hi again the email isn't there either in my inbox or spam folder.
    Cheers

Mike Evans

Victoria - Mike Evans - I haven't raised an issue about this. Surprised to see my name on this thread. I have been using Luminar 4 for about a month now with no issues. However, I am now concerned that I see my name here.

Victoria Grace

Sorry for the confusion, you have the same name as another user above. No worries, it's just a mention and it doesn't influence anything.

Helga Rowles

Hi Steven,

Please try the following:

If the issue remain, please send us your Hosts file for review via skylum.com/support form.

The file is located here:
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

Giovanni Farina

Ok, as mentioned in my previous message, I wasn't able to install the app, after getting the offline installer everything worked. Also in my case, I was able to install the app in my laptop but not on my desktop. Today, out of curiosity I downloaded again the small installer, rename it as Luminar 4.exe instead of Luminar4setup, and I don't know why but it worked, changing back to the original name, again, it didn't work. Hopefully, it's gonna be of help to somebody.

Margaret Bright

Hi Juan!

Please get in touch with our team via https://skylum.com/support - we'll be happy to help you get your app up and running!

Victoria Grace

Mike Evans I've resent our email, please, check once again.

I've noticed you don't receive our emails to outlook mail agent, please, use the yahoo one if possible.

Victoria Grace

Hi there,

For us to better assist you, please, send us your system configuration information:

N.B. The links are clickable and show the screenshots that can guide you, if necessary.

Post is closed for comments.