Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

We plan on adding Keywords, IPTC data, Lightroom Migration Tool in 2020 both to Luminar 3 and Luminar 4. Check out the roadmap for information about this and other upcoming features:

https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Daniel,

I don't have an ETA on implementation but you can keep an eye on what we have planned for the near future at https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Daniel Johnson

Thanks for the reply, Doesn't matter I'm considering requesting a refund anyway.

Kirk Osborn

Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

David Forster

I really don't understand this. How do you expect professionals to function without basic DAM features like this. I'm not a pro but I do events and sports and I have a set of 400 hockey photos that I have to cull and process and sort by player. Wow, wouldn't keywords be awesome for that.

You've had "DAM" (using the term pretty loosely) for, what, a year now? When you implemented it, you stated that full (or at least fuller) functionality was forthcoming and I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to cost us anything. Did I miss something? Did you add true DAM capability? The absence of something as basic as keywords (geez, Apple's Photos app has it!) would suggest not, and I had to pay for the current version.

I really wish Skylum would stop adding more remove-the-human-brain features and focus their efforts on fixing the lingering problems and omissions. Full-featured DAM? (Managed libraries?). Speed? Also, SPEED??!! It is almost unbearable for me right now. *Selective* copying and pasting of adjustments, like Aperture had back before the automatic transmission was invented? Giving the user more control over their photo editing? Don't get me wrong. AI is nice, as a quick first pass. But I slowly feel my brain being replaced by a bunch of "AI" code and I'm not sure I like it. (Although an "AI Entire Human Replacement" feature would be welcomed.)

I've only been playing with Luminar 4 for a day now, but I can't find many of the editing features that used to be there. Have all the pre-existing filters been deleted? Where are they? The user guide is almost completely useless. One page on "Developing a Photo". Gee, thanks. I don't really want to sit through hours of videos. I had a minor heart issue recently and the popcorn isn't good for me.

When I stumbled upon Luminar 3, I was literally overjoyed. I loved the interface. I loved the editing capabilities. I was sure DAM was just around the corner. I bought in. I'm starting to feel that pre-Luminar despondency I had after Aperture axe-murdered by Apple.

Sorry for the rant. So... keywords? Any suggestions?

Post is closed for comments.