Answered

Comments

15 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Gene,

You can set a DPI while exporting a TIFF image. See the screenshot:

Comment actions Permalink
    Gene Flanigan

Yes, I understand that, but a TIFF file is not useful for websites.

Helena Carter

Gene,

I completely understand how you want this feature. I will make sure to forward your feedback to our developers.

Mandy Raasch

I am looking for this setting as well. This would be super helpful. 
    Thanks!

Thomas Koeppl

URGENTLY!

Helga Rowles

Hi everyone,

Please note that increasing the DPI value doesn't add any pixels to the output. Your resolution is fixed. Changing the DPI setting changes not the dots, but the inches at which your image will be printed.

Adelino Jeronimo

I am using Luminar3.  If I edit a RAW file and then export to jpg, the rsolution of the jpg is 240x240.  Editing the original jpg version of the file results in a resolution of 350x350 in the exported file.  The file sizes of the two exported jpg are roughly the same.  Does this mean that the sharpness of the jpg obtained by editing the RAW version is worse than the jpg obtained by editing the original jpg file?

Helga Rowles

Hi Adelino!

Could you please send us the RAW and JPEG files and a screenshot of your export settings?

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at skylum.com/support
    Adelino Jeronimo

did you receive my files uploaded through wetransfer ?  Can I contact you by email?

Adelino Jeronimo

Here is the link for we transfer:  https://we.tl/t-CXxXLrkanw

5 files transferred:

- the original RAW file

- the original JPG file

- the export settings screenshot

- the info for the exported JPG when the source was the RAW file

- the info for the exported JPG when the source was the JPG file

Margaret Bright

Hi Adelino,

Please enclose the link and the information regarding the issue to a support request that you can submit here:

https://skylum.com/support

Our support team will take a look at your files and answer to you via email.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Adelino Jeronimo

Just following up.  Will it take long for you to provide an answer?  Approximately how long will it take?

Gene Flanigan

Adelino, I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. I, and others have been asking for this for a few years now.

Helga Egilsdottir

Adelino Jeronimo,

We usually respond during next 24 hours via https://skylum.com/support

Adelino Jeronimo

I am following up as I have not seen a response.  I am not expecting that you will confirm that something has been fixed - so I am not "holding my breath" as stated by Gene Flanigan above.  I am only looking for an answer on the quality of the exported images.  I have produced two pdf exports, one by editing the RAW file of an image and another by editing the pdf file of the same image that was obtained by my camera.  When I check the properties of the two pdf files exported from Luminar 3, they are about the same size in MBytes but the pdf from exported from the RAW file is indicated as having much lower resolution.  I cannot see a difference on my monitor, but I am wondering if I will see a difference when printing the picture.  I am going to print it enlargened to 16 inches x 48 inches.   Is the pdf exported from RAW actually of much lower resolution that than the pdf exported from pdf?

Please sign in to leave a comment.