Auto mask option for Adjustment brushes in Luminar 4?

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Karl,

At the moment we don't have an auto mask (edge aware) option for our masking brushes, but I'll gladly add this to our feature request list for our developers' future consideration.

Comment actions Permalink
    Gunni Grahn

Yes please add this to your feature request :) its vital these days - for speedy editing

Krish

Hi Angela, has there been any changes to the software? Does Luminar 4 now support auto mask? I think for such an advanced editing software with AI functionalities, not having an auto mask feature diminishes the greatness of this tool. This feature would make changing background so easy, without painstakingly brushing the edges. Please see if this can be added to the already the so powerful tool. Thanks! 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Krish,

Luminar 4 contains several AI tools that are content aware such as AI Sky Replacement, AI Portrait Enhancer, and more. These tools have auto masking that does an amazing job at applying a sky against a difficult horizon (trees, people, architecture, etc.). However, at this time Luminar does not have edge aware/auto masking brushes. We do have this functionality on our feature request list, but I don't have an ETA on implementation at this time.

Krish

Thanks, Angela. Indeed, the AI sky replacement is impressive and works flawlessly. However, brushing the edges for changing a background has been very challenging. Since you already have that enabled for sky replacement, would it not be possible to extend the same for other situations?

Please let me know if there is any other workaround to auto highlight an object (person) and then apply the changes.

Elena Blum

Hi Krish,

Thank you for your suggestion!

There is still room for improvement in Luminar and we won't stand still either. We are constantly updating our software and it will continue to do so.

I could definitely see how you would want to have a feature like that and maybe we will do so in the future. I’ll make sure to forward your feedback to our engineering team.

Please sign in to leave a comment.