openGl problem

Comments

5 comments

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Andy,

Are you running Luminar on a laptop or a desktop?

If you're on a laptop, it's highly likely that it has a discrete graphics card that can run Luminar but your system is defaulting to the built-in card that doesn't support OpenGL 3.3. Please refer to the manufacturer's website for more info about the availability of the discrete graphics card in your laptop, its capabilities, and on how to force an application to run on it.

In case you have a desktop you're probably already running on a discrete video card. If updating drivers didn't solve the issue then it's very likely that you have an older card that doesn't support modern standards of computer graphics. You might want to consider replacing your old card with a more powerful one.

There's also a possibility that your desktop doesn't have a discrete video card and you're running on the one that's built into the motherboard. If that's the case, purchasing a discrete card should solve this.

To check info about your graphics renderer, please download the application from this link.

Install the app, launch it and send us the screenshot with the information about your graphics renderer in the following format: 

Comment actions Permalink
    Andy Martin
    Hi Julia,
    My desk top all in one HP 520 is running Intel HD Graphics Family and I'm afraid that I would have to replace this or get another graphics card.
    Something I did not anticipate would be necessary to run the Luminor update.
    My computer runs Lightroom 6 and the older Luminor without any problem, I feel that changing the requirements to run the latest version of Luminor after selling the product to me is not very good policy.
    If there is no fix then I shall pursue getting a refund.
    Best regards,
    Andy Martin
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Andy,

We are working on a solution for the OpenGL 3.3 requirement. In the meantime you can download/install the previous version of Luminar that works with older OpenGL libraries. Here are instructions:

Uninstalling first using CCleaner: You can download it here: be sure to uninstall the app AND clear your registry. You can do that in CCleaner, it's free. Download it here: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Next, restart your computer and download/install the previous version of Luminar 2018 (you can download it here: https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/luminar2018/_old_1.1.1_Luminar_2018_Setup.exe )

Restart once more and then open Luminar and load an image.

Please let us know how it goes!

Ferlein Jörg

Hi,

I love to use your great program, but unfortunately I only have a
    NoteBook with Intel HD Graphic 3000, which only supports OpenGL up to 3.1.

Please give me an option to download an older version. The link in the article above refers to the version that OpenGL 3.3 requires. I wrote this request twice to support@skylum.com and haven't received any answer for weeks.
    The community is my last hope.
    Many thanks and best regards

Joerg

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ferlein,

My apologies for providing the incorrect link! I corrected the post above, but here is a link to the previous version that works with older OpenGL libraries -  https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/luminar2018/_old_1.1.1_Luminar_2018_Setup.exe

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Please sign in to leave a comment.