raw develop : did we lose white and black sliders ? smartcontrast explanations

Comments

12 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Marc,

You can set the white and black points in Essentials > Light > Advanced Settings and the ALT/Option key preview for clipping still works on these sliders.

Smart Contrast is an AI based Contrast slider that analyzes your images and applies contrast selectively. If you'd like more control over the contrast settings please try Pro > Advanced Contrast.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if I can offer any further clarification.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jeffrey Pohlmann

Using the alt/option key to preview clipping does not appear to be working for me in Luminar 4, either. 

Version 4.0.0 (5323), on Mac. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jeffrey,

Which slider(s) did you try it with? I tested it on the Black and Whites sliders and it worked well.

Jeffrey Pohlmann

light → advanced settings

holding option and clicking on the slider does not show the clipping preview.

marc labro

hello,

please note that ALT key doesn't work on luminar 3 for win10 even after all posts on forums.

But it works fine on FLEX.

Hope it will work on Luminar 4.

J key is also a nightmare because it needs to refresh the "eye ball" to work sometimes.

however i don't use J when ALT is working like Lightroom. ALT for white/black slider is unique.

it is also appreciated with sharpening to see sharpening in black and white.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jeffrey,

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Jeffrey Pohlmann

I'm on Mac.

MacOS 10.15.1 (Catalina)

Luminar Version 4.0.0 (5323)

I'm using an eGPU, Radeon RX 580 8 GB 

Angela Andrieux

Thanks! Are you looking for the clipping preview on the histogram (curves diagram) or on the image itself?

Jeffrey Pohlmann

On the image, since that's how it works in Luminar 3

marc labro

hello,

Luminar 4 has too many clics and steps compared to Luminar 3, lightroom and other plugins. we are looking for any items. orton is a obvious example in portrait !

like lightroom, we expect having a fast access raw develop and white/black sliders must be available directly, not in advanced because we daily need to open advanced.

your curve tool is too simplist there compared to lightroom and photoshop and should have presets, values, sliders, blend mode, especially luminosity to avoid color shifts... curve must be a separate filter we can duplicate to dodge and burn + contrast shadows, highlights,... separately.

we expect having ALT white/black in raw develop with preview on image (image becomes in fact white or black with dots like flex and lightroom.

it is nice to be able to clic on two icons in histogram to have red and/or blue continuous clipping indicator when needed.

histogram should change in real time according to sliders of raw develop. cannot wait e release a slider to see histogram refreshed. quite basic !

thanks

marc

Kirk Osborn

Thank you for your suggestions. We will pass them on to our tech department for further consideration.

For now, you can use Clipping to see the brightest and the darkest parts of an image: http://prntscr.com/pf67p9 

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

marc labro

hello,

please check you didn't forget again to make ALT key work with black and white slider.

MAC version has that feature for a long time while Win10 version was buggy.

You made it wrk in Flex so don't lose your code and please copy paste it !!!

It is so nice to see few white dots on a black background and reciprocally instead of searching a blue cliiped dot in a landscape

Please sign in to leave a comment.