Luminar 4 lens correction

Answered

Comments

15 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

For anyone who's facing the similar issue - please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could look deeper into the issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Björn,

In Luminar 4, you can access your DCP Profiles under Essentials > Light > Advanced Settings

You can find the lens correction settings under Canvas (icon looks like a pencil and ruler, to the right of the histogram) > Lens & Geometry

I hope that helps!

Björn Strugies

Hi Angela,

I found this setting. If I set the dcp profile and check the mark for lens correction, the result is not 100% correct (see photo above). But it worked in Luminar 3. I have both version installed so I can see this effect.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Björn,

Please reach out to www.skylum.com/support so our techs can look into this. You should be getting the same results with those settings in Luminar 4 as you did with Luminar 3.

Andy Lowen

Hi.  I am using Luminar 4 in a trial version right now.  I too have the a6500 (with the 18-135 OSS lens).  Most programs have a pull down to select the camera and lens.  I can't seem to find that in Lumniar 4 (as I agree, the distortion correction seems to be lacking).  Does Luminar use the Lensfun database?  If not, where is the the camera/lens database?  Help requested here too!

Thanks.

PS: I do like the fine adjustment under Lens & Geometry like Scaling and Offset but I think those are only useful when the distortion is first corrected.

Fabian Meyer

I have the same problems. I recently upgraded my Sony a6000 to a a6400 with the 18-135 lens and was shocked to find all images to be unusable in Luminar 4 (event with the lens correction turned up). I have the same problems as with the sample image that Björn provided - the corners are still black...

So far I'm quite disappointed with Luminar 4. Yes the AI filters are great for a quick "wow" effect, but if the basics don't work its completely useless.

Daniel Schneider

I also have the same problem. Sony alpha 6400 (18-135 lens)

Alexander Darga

I frequently use a Sony Alpha 7 R3 and I'm facing similar problems!

Skylum Team, please add a working lens correction like Adobe LR!

Jon Friedenthal

I am having the same issue with an a6000 with the 18-135mm lens.

Having the same problem with a7iii and 28-75mm The auto distortion correction of the original raw file or the converted DNG does not match the JPG

Margaret Bright

Hi everyone.

For anyone who's facing a similar issue - please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could look deeper into the issue.

Our Support Team will be happy to help!

For people wanting an update, as of now Luminar 4 does not correctly apply the lens corrections to RAW photos. I've tested by viewing the JPGs and RAWS corrected by light room to the RAWS corrected by luminar 4. Luminar 4 is not correctly applying the lens profile. I've talked to support and there's just not way to do it automatically, you will have to manually adjust every picture. This is not something reasonable for commercial purposes especially when using zoom lenses since the focal range and therefore correction changes constantly.  

As of now luminar does not have complete support for raw editing, unfortunately i cannot recommend it to professionals who are transferring files to different parties and programs as there is not consistency with the lens corrections.  

Björn Strugies

This is strange because in Luminar 3 the automatic correction works correctly! Why is this no longer the case in a new version?
    So Luminar 4 is not usable for me...unfortunately.

Ming Chou Lin

I have the same Luminar 4 problem with my mid-size Sony compact DSC-RX10M4; it's worst at wide angles. Contacted support and their recommended solutions is to adjust every picture manually (ticking the Auto Distortion Correction checkbox and then manually shift the Lens Distortion slider to get the "best" effect).

Based on this thread, is this prevalent to Sony models?

I've tried with a7iii tamron 28_75 and sigma 50mm 1.8. The software corrects the distortion don't get me wrong but it does so in a way that is different to the distortion correction in the jpgs or in the way that Lightroom corrects raws and apply the lens geometry. I might have to make a gif to show

Post is closed for comments.