Luminar Library & DAM on my iCloud Drive

Comments

6 comments

Elena Blum

HI Roger,

Please contact our support team and we will do our best to assist you https://skylum.com/support

Comment actions Permalink
    Bill Kyle

Roger-Do you alias that folder path on your iMac and MacBook Pro? This is an interesting topic. Is there a huge slowdown in RAW transfers? Bill Kyle

Roger Staerk

Hi Bill

Thanks for your reply... What exactly do you mean with alias that folder? I copied just my RAW-Folder to my iCloud Drive... Approx. 100GB... Then waiting until this is synced with my iCloud Space in the Cloud... After that, it was copied also to my other computer on the iCloud Drive...

Then I created within Luminar a new Folder with the catalog on the iCloud Drive as well...

And here we go... In Luminar I point to the RAW folder and all my Fotos are in the Library... I do not recognize a slowdown in RAW transfer.... works perfectly like any other folder on my Apple Computer...

I have no idea how this could configured to use an alias...

Regards, Roger

Bill Kyle

Maybe alias is the wrong description. I was just wondering if you could even alias the RAW folder on your iDrive account to your user folder. iDrive already works in the other direction with folders like Numbers, Pages. Calendar etc. Giving you a copy to edit and sync (?) and available to other devices. Not sure if this is possible but maybe…I will try it to satisfy my curiosity. It wiould be great if one catalog could be used that way.

Good for thought. BK

Roger Staerk

Hi Elena

Thanks, I opened a ticket as you told me... But no answer from support yet...

Regards, Roger

Angela Andrieux

Hi Roger - Our team usually responds within 24 hours, but in high traffic times it can take a bit longer. Please know that someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Please sign in to leave a comment.