Luminar 4 - temporarily disable mask

Comments

6 comments

Bill Kyle

The only way I found to do that was to just use the History popup ( Near bottom right of the editing tool sidebar) and and go back to an edit before the mask was added. It looks like you can go back to the point of mask without loosing it. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Jeffrey Pohlmann

Yeah, that could work. It's kind of a kludgey workaround, thought. 

I'm disappointed that Skylum is removing tools that have been an essential part of many photographer's workflows for years, and haven't provided any kind of alternative.

Flipping a mask on or off is a great way to see if it needs to be refined, or if it's covering/showing the areas needed. It's been a part of photo editing software for literally decades, and has been a part of Luminar since I'm been using it. 

Why remove such a useful function? 

Bill Kyle

Maybe they will turn that back on for us!  Until that day, I guess you could also turn off the Adjustment Layer or the "filter". They have really simplifies Luminar 4 tools and automated some really complex tasks.

Helena Carter

Hi, 

You can disable both layer and Filters in Luminar 4. See the screenshots:

Jeffrey Pohlmann

Enabling the filter or layer is different than enabling the filter or layer mask.

In Luminar 3, you simply hold shift and click on the mask icon to enable or disable it. This functionality has been removed in Luminar 4. 

Kirk Osborn

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed on this info to our tech team and they will try to add this functionality in one of the future updates.

Please stay tuned.

Please sign in to leave a comment.