Luminar 4 - Is a scam and full of bugs

Comments

14 comments

Hollis Allen

Couldn't agree more!

Comment actions Permalink
    Elena Blum

Hi Sam,

We would kindly ask you to avoid using inappropriate language to interact with the Skylum community. 

As to the issues with Luminar 4, please contact our support team and we will do our best to assist you https://skylum.com/support

If you'd prefer a refund we're also ready to issue it!

Martin Ische

Why "inappropriate language": you mean the "scammed"?

No Skylum employee should be surprised about this formulation, because after the last update to version 3 has already gone completely wrong (unfortunately there is no other way to say it), the expectations were high now of course.
    Everyone hoped that you would learn from the mistakes.
    But obviously the same mistakes are made again and again.
    So the trust is gone of course and a bit more drastically you feel scammed.
    I can understand it and find the wording not offensive, but unfortunately appropriate.

Elena Blum

Hi Martin, we had to correct the post, because of the member being rude!

Martin Ische

I also don't think it's the right way to refer all complaints to the support link.
    The reported problems are very similar and in view of the lack of trust, I don't feel like investing more time in testing this beta version.
    Now you are asked: invest more in testing and this "rage" of the users will be much less.
    As already written elsewhere (unfortunately still on "pending"):
    I still think the results of Luminar are great and I would be really happy if we could use a stable, fast and complete version in the near future.

Martin Ische

"Hi Martin, we had to correct the post, because of the member being rude!"

Sorry, I didn't know. Then of course it is OK to point this out.
    Despite all the emotionality, the discussion should remain objective.

Paul Meachen

Sam C - There's something strange going on then.  I have a catalogue of 23000+ images (about 500 GB) and my Luminar 4 catalogue folder is only 973 MB in total.

Sam C

There was no profanity or anything rude in what I wrote. Only cold hard facts. Your post is nothing more than a ploy to deliberately undermine my comments, and again detract from the issue at hand. This is exteremly disappointing, but unsurprising.

All that aside, it doesn't change you have issues with your shiny new software, and seem to have little motivation to acknowledge and fix them.

Sure, I'll log the ticket and see where this goes, should be interesting.

Sam C

@Paul - there's nothing strange going on - not according to Skylum who (again) haven't acknowledged that issue in other posts.

I have two luminar catalogs (because skylum told me I had too many photos in one catalog) both are huge in size (GB) and contain a handful of folders and photos.

Create a catalog, add some folders, make some edits, do some exports...nothing strange about that, not last time I checked.

Paul Meachen

What I think is strange is the fact that one of your catalogues is 33 GB, while mine is only 973 MB - for an awful lot more images - I don't recall saying anything about normal processing being strange.  If you just want to be facetious I'll let you get on with it.  I'm out.

Minh-Dang Bui-Nguyen

To be honest I would have been perfectly fine with paying for a rebranded luminar 4 if the update meant stability and like less memory leaks. I feel your pain tho, I'm back to square one with Luminar 2018 and Lightroom. 

It's a shame really, I'm sure all of us tried to switch because we believed that Skylum was going to compete against Adobe. 

Sam C

@Elena Blum

It's a real shame, as this software has so much potential, if only you'd listen to your customers.

Please issue my refund for Luminar 4, it's completely unacceptable what's happened here. I actually can't quite beleive it.

Complete disdain for customers money, requests and time doesn't play in 2020.

Helena Carter

Sam,

Please contact our support team and we will do our best to assist you https://skylum.com/support

Also, please, note that the initial Luminar 4 release is devoted to the new tools and features. Nevertheless, the next quarter we will be working on the Luminar 4 performance and we will do our best to deliver the best editing experience to our customers and release an update by the end of the year.

michael durkin

The whole thing is ripe to be sold/picked up by others who know about computers.

Have a stroll over to the Mac users.. Goodness, there's some angry people there.....

Please sign in to leave a comment.