Missing post that was included in Notifications about new post

Comments

7 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Carl,

This could mean that the post had to be approved by a moderator, because of some sayings used by a community member. As soon as the post is approved, you can open it.

The reasons, why the post could be deleted/not approved:

**LINKS & COMMERCIAL POSTS**
    Links to tutorials related to Skylum Software and general photography education are allowed.

All other links and commercial posts will be deleted and repeat offenders will be removed from the community. All posts promoting competing software will result in suspension of your forum account.

**INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR**
    Disrespectful behavior will not be permitted and will result in removal from the community. If you notice a community member being rude or posting inappropriate content please report it to a moderator.

Comment actions Permalink
    Carl Douthit

It doesn't make sense to me that I would get a notification regarding a post that had not yet been approved. I'm not saying that Skylum would be inefficient enough to send out notifications before a post was approved, just that it doesn't make sense.

There was nothing commercial about the post.

Below is a full quote of the message in the notification I received on November 12 (local date in the U.S.)

"

Well, it is November 12 and Skylum have broken the promise made by Roman in the email of 17th October.

This amounts to really bad treatment of customers. I am beginning to really regret having invested in this now.

Please do what you promised in that email.

I have some cool updates for you! First of all, we’re ready to reveal the official release date for Luminar 4 — November 18. If you bought Luminar 4 at an early bird price, you’ll get your copy on November 11.
    "
    There is nothing in the nature of the content that I have not seen posted by many others.

This is why it was such a mystery to me why I received a notification about a post that was apparently no longer in existence.

Carl Douthit

UPDATE:

I just checked and the post is NOW in existence and available for comment.

I guess this is just a case of Skylum being Skylum by notifying me of a post before it has been posted, having a broken link attached that leads to nowhere, and then later posting the post in question.

Skylum is once again true to form, I guess, but it is not a "form" of excellence.

Paul Meachen

I don't know where you copied the above text from, but it certainly wasn't in any post made by me.

Carl Douthit

Interesting. I copied it straight out of a Notifications email sent to me by Skylum.

Beyond that, I have no other information.

Paul Meachen

Check this out - and then do something about your post accusing me of being critical of someone please:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006529280-release-date-for-Luminar-4-

Carl Douthit

Paul, I apologize for any harm that you believe I have done to you or to your reputation.

It was not my intention to be accusatory of you.

My problem was with Skylum, in that when I tried to follow up in this community the post I was notified of did not exist (or at least at the time I followed the link).

It looks like I quoted the wrong Notification email above. After further searching in my email history from Skylum, I identified the correct email to quote, which is as follows (in its entirety). (I received this Notification email on November 12.)

"

A post was added to the topic News & Updates.

Customer Success? by Paul Meachen

Am I the only one who thinks it ironic that the "Head of Customer Success" failed so many of his customers by misleading them into believing they would get Luminar 4 on November 11?

Given the exact wording of the email, i.e. 20,000 was only mentioned in relation to those getting five seats, I believe Skylum are now honour bound to release the software to all those who purchased "at an early bird price".  Maybe even legally.

View the post

"

Again, I am not accusing you of anything. I don't know that you even wrote the post that Skylum notified my about -- the link found no post when I went to "View the Post" back on November 12. So Skylum may have mis-identified the original poster or something else.

My point is that Skylum sent a notification that had  a link to follow that went nowhere.

After all, I have been far more critical of Skylum's ineptitude in communication than the post quoted above (regardless of the actual writer's identify).

Please forgive me, Paul Meachen, for any harm to you. It was and is completely unintentional.

Please sign in to leave a comment.