Comments

56 comments

Anna V

Hi Everyone, 

If you face any performance issue, please contact us via

http://www.skylum.com/support  and we'll be happy to help.

Comment actions Permalink
    Thomas Doyle

I'm sorry but contact support for what?  You can see all the issues everyone is having! Do you know how to fix this crashing issue and the excruciatingly slow software?  Or will I wait 2 days to receive a please send us your event log?

Sooraj S

I was a New User for Luminar 4 , but this is already disappointing me big time and also sad to see so many users facing the same trouble. The thread seems to grow longer every day without any end solution. Hope the Skylum Team will roll out necessary fixes in the next update , ASAP as it is already hampering the workflows of many professionals out there.

The Imperial OPA

@Angela Andrieux 

I reached out to support 4 days ago and no response back from them. I sent the crash files, no response. 

• Just telling people to email support is not good customer service 

Why have this community forum if you are not posting solutions to what looks like a VERY COMMON issue? Why have a community forum if you just tell people to contact support? 

1. What is Skylum doing to fix this issue?
    2. How common is this issue?
    3. Is their a patch coming sometime soon?
    4. Are there any common threads like video drivers or conflicts?
    5. Do you have any workaround for us professional photographers THAT WANT TO KEEP USING YOUR PROGRAM?

Communication is key@Angela Andrieux .  Tell the community what is going on and what your team is doing to fix it.  

My company has bought me a copy of Lightroom yesterday after I told them about the issues I am having in delivering what they paid me to do.  The installer is on my desktop, you are about to lose another customer. I Don't want to use Adobe, but will refund this program if there is no solutions or event attempt at transparency in what's going on. It's ridiculous that you are not addressing this BIG issue publicly.  Let us know whats going on.

Ama Mem

Purchased Luminar 3 + 4(in advanced) a month back simply down to the marketing promises. Luminar 4 is crashing constantly without ANY notice/error. I'm simply just browsing my catalog and it crashes again and again. I decide to first search the community support forums (because i have the mindset that if I can find an answer relatively quickly myself, it'll put less strain on the luminar support team). And so I find this post (and others pointing to this), I follow instructions to send crash logs etc to the support email but hear nothing back apart from the automated acknowledgement email. To top it off, I receive a marketing email from luminar with your CEOs face on it excitingly hinting of new things to come as part of the road map..... I would have preferred an email apologising for the buggy software release accompanied with news updating customers with a fix (or news of a fix to come). Who's decision was it was to release that email at this stage where its evident its been released to early and customers are feeling pains due to sloppy decisions on your part... Come on, take a step back and think before executing actions.

This is really simple in my mind - I paid for software and now want to use it... but I can't because it currently Does Not work as it should.. as it was advertised to. I really feel for all the professional photographers out there that this issue must be causing to them - a negative impact in their work flow and in turn a negative impact to thier end customers. For me, using it for family photos etc. It's caused a slowdown in what I wanted to achieve and a lost in my trust to this company.

I am a brand new customer excited to support this company seeing it paving the way for it to become a household name but feel very let down at the beginning of my journey with the software.

I have not heard back from Support. I have not seen any help here (not even an acknowledgement that there is an issue) and think the company needs to act on this ASAP.

Please let us all know are you are doing about this?

The Imperial OPA

I finally got word back from support this is the cookie-cutter message they sent me. Why none of them could post this here as a potential thing for all of us to try is beyond me, but this is what they sent to me.

---

I am sorry to hear that. 

• Let us know your version of the app (start Luminar > click Help > About Luminar).
    • If there are any updates for your Windows, install them.
    • Ensure that you have NET Framework 4.7.2. Download it here (click this text to open link).
    • Ensure that you have C++ 2013. Download it here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it. 
    • Ensure that you have Visual C++ 2015. Download it here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.

In case the steps above didn't help:

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
      and attach this text file to your reply to this email.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

---

I hope this can help some of you trouble shoot a little bit of the issues.

The Imperial OPA they don't post it because it won't fix the issue. I've tried these steps before with Luminar 3, and nothing was fixed. But at least with version 3, I could use it for some time before it crashed. Luminar 4 is unusable. It crashes 10 seconds after I open it and before opening any image.

robert Blanc

Somebody told me that Luminar 4 is for Intel CPU and not for AMD CPU

May I know if all the people who have problems are working only with AMD CPU ?

If it is true why Skylum does tell me that my problem is my AMD CPU ?

robert Blanc that's not true. I have Intel CPU - and most people complaining here - and we have same problems.

robert Blanc

Ahmed I know that but that was the answer I had not directly by Skylum but somebody who is doing a lot of very fine Luminar 4 tutorials and told me to change my motherboard and CPU for INTEL

Jesús Montiel Maillo

Same here. Emailing support.

Faulting application name: Luminar 4.exe, version: 4.0.0.4880, time stamp: 0x5dced610
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0x4361b720
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000006db8e
    Faulting process ID: 0x2d08
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5a2c71bf55e51
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\Luminar 4.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    Report ID: 964bcd6b-6ca7-49f3-a643-95bebea66b00

My PC: Ryzen 2700x, 32GB RAM, NVME Samsung SSD, GTX1060

robert Blanc

Jesus I have sent a lot of times to Skylum that report

almost every time I have a crash I have that 

There must be an explanation for the problems. Today I also installed Luminar 4 on my laptop and it works fine there. Unlike my desktop.

For me Luminar 4 is unusable. Just like L3. I bought L3, couldn't use is because is was so slow and didn't support my camera. I tought L4 will fix this all.....

I haven't worked with L4 for more than 5 minutes. Constantly crashing without warning. Sometimes by scrolling photo's or going to editmode. Also some pictures look like they are blurred. Other pictures are razor sharp.

Using a microsoft surface pro - i5 - 8GB - 128 GB - windows 10

All installed (and newest version):

• Let us know your version of the app (start Luminar > click Help > About Luminar).
    • If there are any updates for your Windows, install them.
    • Ensure that you have NET Framework 4.7.2. Download it here (click this text to open link).
    • Ensure that you have C++ 2013. Download it here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it. 
    • Ensure that you have Visual C++ 2015. Download it here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.

What to do next? Can we expect a fix?

Kate Williams

Hi guys,

The app may crash due to various reasons. Therefore, please keep in touch with the support team in order to see what exactly is causing the issue in your case. 

If you've already contacted our team, we'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Frank Balzer

Dear Skylum team, many users keep complaining and describing the same issue. I guess you must have got many eventlogs all with the same content from us beta-testers! My question simply is by when do you plan to fix the issue? And how are you going to get trust and client satisfaction back? I really consider to ask for a refund :-((((

Paul Clare

Me too. It keeps crashing all the time. When I try to use the Clone & Stamp tool it just keeps freezing. I then have to shut down the computer and re-start. When it loads up it starts to load the photos and then shuts down. Mine is also very very slow to do anything. This is terrible software and feels very wooden compared to Topaz and Lightroom, Very disappointed.

Frank van der Meer

Hi Kate Williams, I send 4 e-mails to the support mailadres, but until now no reaction at all.

Skylum is definitely going to be very successful in the 'Worst support of 2019' election...

Ama Mem

@billy rickards

I think Skylum leave no choice but for all Customers to have to follow this option. I can't believe there hasn't been a reasonable response still. It's about time the head of customer success, head of product, head of marketing or at this point even the CEO to step up from the shadows to voice the company's response. Yeah things go wrong but for goodness sake, accept responsibility, communicate better with your customers, fix the issue, make good on the whole sorry affair and let's move on.
    At the very least please get your support team to respond to support tickets, even a blanket statement (copy and paste job) would have been something. Win back the lost trust.

Sam C

Let me know when you've fixed it please :)  Meanwhile I'll stick with L3.

Ann Varley

I followed the link to Skylum's FB page @... ... first thing I noticed is that they only have a link to download Luminar 3! I added my two cents worth in comments. I hope there is a response.

Helga Rowles

Hi everyone,

Since our inbox is overflowing with the incoming requests, it takes much longer than usual to get back to our customers.
    Let me assure you that we'll do our best to investigate the issues you're encountering.

Thomas Doyle

How do I get a refund is all I want to know at this point?!!!!!

Helga Rowles

Hi Thomas, 

Have you already sent a refund request at skylum.com/support?
    I'm afraid I can't find your email to process it.

Rob Alfieri

Yup. Unusable for me as well. I'm just clicking around my catalog trying to change photos. Experiencing very slow performance. Eventually the screen "winks" and the application crashes. I love what the new AI features can do, but right now it is just pure frustration trying to get any work done. Hope these issues are resolved in the short term. :)

Thomas Steffen

Hello everyone,

today I got a mail from the support, which solved the problem for me. I hope it works for you too. Here is the mail:

"Please try reinstalling the app in the following way:

1. Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    2. Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    3. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    4. Find the folder “Luminar 4” and delete it (it deletes your license for Luminar 4 too. Please, note that your Custom and downloaded Looks will be removed, so make sure to save them somewhere);
    5. Go to Pictures -> Luminar 4 Catalog and rename it (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it).
    6. Install the app once again and launch it: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/installer/win/Luminar4Setup.exe 
    7. Choose to Create a New Catalog and add a small folder with images or a single image for editing. 

Let us know how it goes."

Regards
    Thomas

Post is closed for comments.