Comments

56 comments

• Official comment
    Alex Tsepko (Skylum CEO)

Hello Artists. 

First of all, thanks for downloading Luminar 4. As you're reading this post, Skylum Product Team is busy working on the next free update. Fixing the reported crashes and issues is our top priority. We will not be able to improve every single bit of it with the next update, but we will put maximum effort to eliminate as many critical issues as possible. Plus, you'll get new features.

We will keep you posted on when the new version will arrive. 

Meanwhile, if you have experienced a Luminar 4 crash, please send us your crash report & your PC/Mac details: https://skylum.com/support. This will make sure we have a record of it and add to the list of required fixes.

Thanks, and have a great day.

Alex

Comment actions Permalink
    Vita Bergman

Hi Andrea!

Could you please specify if you are on Mac or Windows?

How many photos are there in your library?

Are they located on the internal or external drive?

Andrea Tosti

PC features:

Dell Inc. XPS 2720

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1903, build 18362.418

Intel® Core™ i7-4770S, RAM 16 GB

Internal HD with OS. Library of 36 photos

Martin Ische

Also with me L4 crashes more or less regularly with the picture change.
    My configuration:

Lenovo Thinkpad P70
    Windows 10, Version 1709
    16 GB RAM, Intel i7 - 6280HQ
    Nvidia Geforce M3000M

All photos are on the internal SSD

Number of photos in the library: 21 or 267 or 585, doesn't matter, I had crashes with all three folders, especially if a photo was edited in L4 before, but also with photos without editing.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Andrea & Martin,

Please reach out to www.skylum.com/support so our techs can more thoroughly investigate the issue. Thanks in advance!

Mike Wilkerson

Me also.

Crashes 5 seconds after the "splash screen" disappears. Removed and reinstalled to no avail. Worked once as a plug-in with Photoshop CC

Set up is a Dell XPS 8910 Desktop, Windows 10 Ver. 1909, Samsung 1 TB SSD

16Gb RAM, Intel 6th Gen i7-6700 Processor

Nvidia GeForce  Ti 1050 4Gb RAM

Elena Blum

Hi Mike,

Please contact our support team and we will do our best to assist you https://skylum.com/support

Gary Bowen

Had a silent crash to desktop. Finished editing an image and switched from Edit to Library panes (about 500 image library), crashed.

I sent screen shots of the Windows log and about system to the support team.

Gary Bowen

Just had another silent crash (no warnings) to desktop. I had launched L4 and was trying to resize it on my screen. Crashed as I grabbed a window edge to resize.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Gary,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate the crashes you're encountering. Thanks in advance!

Thomas Steffen

I had several crashes, too. I was scrolling through my catalogue and Luminar freezed and finally crashed to the desktop without any error message.
    My catalogue has 2700 photos. It is stored on an internal SSD. My hadware specifications:

CPU: Intel i9-9900k @4,8GHz
    RAM: 32GB DDR4
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

I already submitted three bugs this week! I'm tired of playing beta testers for Skylum! A lot of people asked to be a beta tester before and Skylum said no, thank you. That's why we have a bug-infected version for release.

Elena Blum

Hi Thomas,

I definitely understand your concern. Please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to take a closer look at what’s going on right away.

Thomas Steffen

Hi Elena,

i've contacted the Support and gave them the Link to this thread. I've just installed the Luminar 4.0.0.4880 update, but the issue presists.

Paul Meesters

I just installed Luminar 4, linked to my library on a NAS (gigabit network), and L4 crashed to desktop in minutes after trying to browse.

I have about 49000 pictures in the library.

Also, it takes about 3 minutes before L4 finishes loading... excruciating slow...

Edit.. Oh - I tried it again, and it crashes immediately after scrolling up and down.
    BTW, it's on Windows 10 Pro

Espen Andresen

I have the same problem.
    Crashes and freezes become more and more common.
    Now Luminar 4 wont launch edit options upon program initiation.
    Crashes when scrolling library.

i use the library with folders containing .ARW files.
    Finished edits folder are contained within the same folder.
    All images are stored on a separate SSD (Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB) on the laptop.
    Luminar 4 catalog is also stored on its own folder on the SSD.

Computer type: Notebook (HP Zbook G3 Mobile Workstation)

RAM: 40 GB DDR4 PC4-17000 2133MHz

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

GrC: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! If you have crashes, please reach our support team with more detailed info on your workflow and logs.

Reproduce the crash.
    Press the Windows logo key + R.
    Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    Click Application in the directory tree.
    In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    Right-click on any of the two selected entries  and click Save Selected Events.
    Name the file, save it, and attach it to an email to support@skylum.com

@Thomas Please continue to reply to us via email. That is the only way we can efficiently work on your case.
    robert Blanc

I sent so much reports to Skylum for all the crashes I had with Luminar 3 without any answer and now I have to restart with Luminar 4 No IT's not possible I never have an answer for my problems.

And I am not alone !!!!! 

Kate Williams

@Robert, we've processed your requests and asked for some additional information. Please keep in touch with our support team.

Frank van der Meer

Crashes all the time on Windows, cannot work with it. It's a real disappointment!

Binu Philipose

I have sent an email with crash event logs. Its a big disappointment to release such a buggy software. 

Ann Varley

I have also sent email with crash event log.  

George Ag

I also sent a log. It failed many times for me during a couple of hours and sometimes it fails just after start when it tries to display a library (I added several folders with many dozens of images [majority of them are raw]).

Honestly it looks more like alpha (even not beta) release, and, for sure, not a product yet.

Billy Rickards

Same thing here. Incredibly disappointing. This was happening in Luminar 3 and should have been resolved by Luminar 4. So unprofessional and I spent good money on this. Does any know if they're giving refunds? This product was not as advertised and doesn't work. It's integrally faulty. No professional creative person can actually use this and have a good workflow if it crashes every 5 minutes. 

Frank van der Meer

Hi Billy, you can find refund infomation here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006624820-Money-back-guarantee at the bottom of that page.

I'm also going to ask my money back!

The Imperial OPA

I was reading other threads about the crash and the moderator says to come to this thread for information. However now that I am here, I am not seeing any suggested fixes or workarounds we can try, just the same message - reach out to support. I did this and did not get back a response yet and it has been over 2 days. **VERY FRUSTRATING

I am willing to stay with this program a little longer but come on, you should at least offer us a 50% refund for being the beta testers on this program. Or perhaps update this thread with something about what you are doing to fix this issue, be like - We are aware of the issues and it has something to do with  .... ?? We will post another update in 24 hours, give us updates so we know you are taking this seriously and not just directing everyone to support one at a time.

Communication is key. Post updates about your addressing of this rather large issue. Posting updates and communication is key to keep your fan and user base happy. Even if it's not good news, post it.  Transparency and communication. Cause as of right now, I feel like I am in the dark with no response and it sounds like you (Skylum) do not care that this is happening and sorta don't care about your users. Prove my thought different. 

Thank you

Thomas Doyle

Well this is very disappointing.  I submitted the crash information to the support email address.  I'm currently TRYING to run this on:

Dell: Inspiron 5675 with

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core 3.40 GHz Processor and

RAM: 16 gigs 

Operating System: Windows 10 Home.

After installing Luminar 4, it was crashing all the time and I could not use it.  Since I previously upgraded my GPU, I used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to wipe my GPU drivers in Safe Mode (make sure that you have windows password to boot).  After cleaning out the drivers, I reinstalled the current GPU drivers and Luminar 4 is no longer crashing here! This may help in some instances.

Tone Chant

L4 freezing briefly then closing without warning when scrolling library, straight after it's just loaded, so I can't even scroll to photos to edit them!

System: i7-9700K, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070. No overclocks, all drivers up to date.

Disappointing to see this issue first reported days ago and still happening, even more disappointing to see L4 as slow as L3 was. Tempted to request refund as so far, when it's not crashing, it feels more like L3.5 than L4!

(And yes, I'll try and get round to sending event logs to Skylum Support, although I didn't spend this much, just to end up being a beta tester!)

I discovered that when I want to edit photos from Lightroom or Photoshop into Luminar 4 (as a plug-in), it works correctly.
    As a standalone program it chrashes and stops everytime I want to replace the sky or do other funstuf. 
    Has anyone experienced this too?

Frank van der Meer

Unfortunately not: it crashes also all the time when I use it as a Lightroom plugin. And something else: it is very very slow, especially when I use it as plugin.

Post is closed for comments.