Only see images in the current folder (not subfolders) in Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

15 comments

Louis Pengue

Same problem as with Luminar 3. I’ve submitted a new post about this problem and copied the thread that was going on for the problem in Luminar 3. I was REALLY hoping L4 would allow me to continue working on projects in folders created in L3 under Mojave. Catalina has broken the folder linking. Skylum ????

Louis

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Ralph & Louis,

At this time the Luminar's library is roughly the same in Luminar 3 and Luminar 4. However, we'll be adding updates for additional library functionality in the future. Please keep an eye on the roadmap here: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Ralph Bley

Angela -

Thanks for the reply.  I don't see anything in the roadmap about this.  Can you tell me whether this is on anyone's plan or if it's just another wish which will never come true, at least for me and Louis?  I have been requesting it since Luminar 2 and so have many other customers.  It should be a very simple enhancement and is something that every other DAM I have used handles. It it such a basic functionality to the concept of a folder structure and it is unbelievable that it is STILL not in L4.  Not only does it clutter the library, but it slows down Luminar to have to display thumbnails for all of the photos I am not interested in seeing.  To compound that shortcoming, other than "show in explorer" I cannot find a way to even know where a photo is - the "info" tab only shows the filename.

The request from previous versions was supposedly passed on to development but maybe this should be passed on also.  I will not pre-order another version of Luminar unless this is fixed.  We have been waiting for it for 2 years now and there is no hint that it is ever coming.  Development believes we should change our workflow and not use subfolders, but that is a ridiculous suggestion.  Yes, I could re-organized hundreds of folders and 100s of thousands of photos which would then have to re-sync to the cloud.  But it will take me as long to do that as it would take development to make the change which would help everyone.  

Vita Bergman

Hi Ralph!

Please note that we do not give up the idea of DAM improvement. However, implementing new features usually entails technical difficulties that we need to overcome.

Stay tuned and check for updates!

Louis Pengue

Vita,

The Folders issue has been around since Catalina was released - It has been well discussed and documented on many posts in this forum. This is a show stopper for Library management!! 

Louis

Derek Vine

+1 for this feature

Thomas Traub

have the same Problem in June 2020 with Luminar 4!

Sudhanshu Vuppuluri

Same problem in July 2020, I just purchased Luminar 4.2 today and find such bugs. Please incorporate this feature to help us use the catalog feature with an option -- "Import subfolders? Yes/No"

Helga Rowles

Hi Sudhanshu, indeed, at the moment Luminar displays all contents of a folder including its subfolders.
    Most probably, this approach won't be changed in the near future. However, I have passed your vote for this feature to our product team, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Kim Austin

Helga Rowles

How many times does this simple request have to be passed onto your "Product Team"? It really is annoying that Support people ask us to stay tuned, check for updates etc? If you can't swing it, just say. Please, this is getting ridiculous.

Ralph Bley

The feedback that Skylum will lose some sales due to this limitation should be passed on as well.

The only way they may start to listen to suggestions is to hit them in the wallet, and I will do that.  I know I'm only one person, but hopefully others feel the same way.

U. S.

Just new to Luminar 4 and shocked to find out that such a simple feature like 'hide images in subfolders' is missing.
    A simple checkbox and two lines of code shouldnt be the problem.
    Guess the AI is too smart to handle such a gimmick feature request O_o

Agatha Winter

Hi U. S.,
    I'm afraid this feature will be missing in the initial Luminar AI version. In this release, we're focusing on the brand-new result-oriented workflow as well as some new editing features that will help to achieve great results faster. This is why it may take a bit longer for us to implement some of the requested library tweaks. That said, I've passed your request for this feature to our engineering team, so we might consider implementing this functionality at some point in the future. 

U. S.

Dear Agatha,
    thanks for your quick reply and yes, I can see the efforts you put in your product to achieve best results.
    I appreciate that and thats why try to convert my workflows to Luminar and Aurora.
    On the other hand usability is not to be underestimated when using products frequently.
    That said, I'm looking for fututre releases.
    thx
    U.

Ralph Bley

It continues to amaze me how the project leaders and developers refuse to acknowledge that something this simple would be beneficial.  The fact that I refuse to buy another version without this feature will cost them more money than it would cost to implement it.  It would be a trivial change which many people have been asking for for several years/versions. 

Skylum really needs to listen to their customers better.

Please sign in to leave a comment.