Earlybird Luminar 4 Purchase Download Fail

Comments

15 comments

Michael Hammer

Richard, I was experiencing the same issue - but when I connected to a VPN (I am @work) it installed just fine. Not sure if it's an IP issue or not - but I can confirm that it worked when I connected to a VPN vs the normal Wi-Fi.

Comment actions Permalink
    Robert Lancaster

It worked for me, but I am at home, I'm not sure what the difference is.

Stephen Wu

Yes. I have the same problem. The pop up says that it encountered error retrieving update information.

Stephen Wu

I tried a number of things but it didn't work. Based on the VPN success comments in this and other threads, I tried something else.

I pulled the LAN cable out, disabled wifi on the Mac. I then connected the Mac to my iphone hotspot with iphone on 4G LTE connection. That worked! I was able to install Luminar 4.

It seems that the installer may have problem with certain network configuration.

Richard Ganzel

Well now thank you Stephen! That is something I might be able to handle. I'll have to give it a try.

Stephen Wu

After installation and having Luminar 4 running. I tried the "Check Update" option from "File" menu and it gave the same error. Something to do with the app or the update server that is not working with somewhat "normal" network config on the mac??

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

Using a VPN for the download and installation seems to be a successful workaround for most users. If that doesn't work for you then please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll provide you with an alternate installer.

Richard Ganzel

Stephen Wu thank you for the suggestion using the phone hotspot. It worked well for me. Also, I kept it on and tried the check update. It worked, although Luminar told me I was up to date.

Stefan Mackovik

Same error on Windows 10.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Stefan - Please reach out to www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help.

Stefan Mackovik

Thanks, done that already.

Alan Findlay

Hi there - I've already reported my issue via Skylum support, but not really getting anywhere, so thought I'd just throw this inyo the mix to see if I'm alone!

Trying to purchase Luminar 4 via Skylum website - I have an account as I'm an Aurora user - but each attempt to purchase is met with a note saying that payment cannot be processed. Tried all the suggested fixes - clear cache, different browsers and made sure the card(s) used are valid and authorised. Still nothing.

Very frustrating.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Alan,

Thanks for reaching out to support directly! Our team usually responds within 24 hours, but in high traffic times it can take a bit longer. Someone will be in touch as soon as possible.

Alan Findlay

Thanks Angela - they have been in touch, with all the generic fix(es) listed to me.

None work. Looks like a lost customer.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Alan,

If you have a moment, please reply to the support email you received and let them know that it didn't work. Troubleshooting an issue is a process of elimination and if there is a problem with our payment system, your help in rooting it out would be very helpful!

Please sign in to leave a comment.