Is there a roadmap for Luminar 4

Comments

8 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bruce,

Our current roadmap is for Luminar 3 and Luminar 4. You can find it here: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Comment actions Permalink
    Philippe CARON

+ 1 en effet ce serait des fonctions bien utiles et attendues 

Bruce Tracy

@Angela Thanks for the link to the roadmap, but there is no mention of the items I listed out in the start of this thread. This is a real problem for many photographers. If you want to make your user base happy, all you need to do is include some of the basic functions that I listed. For example: virtual copies. I would think your developers could do this one in just a couple of days and it would be time well spent. Just saying...

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bruce,

Virtual copies are on our feature request list, but I don't have an ETA on implementation yet. I'll be sure to reiterate to our developers that this is a particularly necessary feature.

As for EXIF editing, that will be coming in 2020 to both Luminar 3 and Luminar 4.

I'll be sure that the other items you suggested are also added to our feature request list. We truly appreciate your feedback!

Doug Chamberlin

Given the specific statement made here, don't you think the EXIF editing should be listed on your roadmap? I could not see it. (I assume the IPTC info support is separate.)

Elena Blum

Hi Doug - Editing metadata is on our to-do list at the moment. We are in the process of setting plans and the road map will still be expanded in the future.

Dave Smith

Angela, I read the roadmap page and I noticed something seems to be missing. There used to be, as part of DAM in L3, a promise of Lightroom import/transfer. Is that no longer in the plans?

Dave Smith

I do have one other question as well. The page mentions, as part of the L3 roadmap a number of feature (IPTC editing etc.). Are they also planned for L4? That is unclear on that page.

I was curious, because I have uninstalled L3 with the assumption that L4 has feature parity (within reason) and will continue to do so.

Please sign in to leave a comment.