Comments

52 comments

Mark Gatt

Spot on they are taking 24 hours to reply to each email and are just getting ne to try different system tests which is a load of rubbish I have a $4000 pc build and it won't run I have requested a refund multiple times luckily I have paid through pay pal and am just escalating it to them definitely need to warn people about there rubbish product and service.

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

Hi Mark Gatt! We are always here to help. We need to investigate each case separately. Many users have reported that disabling antivirus helped. Thus, we should try different solutions. We do respect you right for a refund but we are still willing to help with the issue. 

K I

I had exactly same issue. I purchased Luminar 4 without trial last week. Support asked me to disable antivirus software and windows firewall, but didn't help. They asked me to reinstall it. not helped. They also asked me to install previous version, but not helped.
    However, I reinstalled the latest version again today and chose "trial" after the installation. Then I could export!! I realized when you export a image in trial, the program always opened up popup and told you it's trial. You can still export while trial terms, but you can also choose "activate"
    I activated it by entering email and license code, and now I'm able to export photos without any problems!! Try it out, if anyone stack with the same issues on win 10.

Frank Garcia

K I

Once you start using it for few days the issue comes back. 

cj thomas

Unfortunately, after editing the image, I cannot export the image to one one of the folders or to any mail. It's very discouraging and time consuming. Please correct it immediately.
    cjthomas68@gmail.com

cj thomas

When I contacted Support team, they suggested disabling of windows security and anti-virus. This also didn't help. Please give refund of the amount paid by me immediately

Margaret Bright

cj thomas

Please submit a refund request to our support team directly at skylum.com/support. They will provide you with further assistance.

Yousuf Ebrahim

I overcame this issue by uninstalling LOMINAR 4 for from my new pc and install it on my 8 years old pc. On this old PC it is working now and I can export images with no problem.

My old pc has the following configuration: 

HP . Core i7, 860@2.8 GHz, 4 cores. Memory 8 GB. Windows 10 pro 64 bit, Norton antivirus. LOMINAR works (exports images) on this PC.

My new PC has the following configuration:

DELL. Core i7, 8700, 3.2 GHz. 6 cores, memory 16 Gb, Windows 10 pro, 64 bit, TREND antivirus. LOMINAR did not export images on this pc.

Frank Garcia

Yousuf, just wait for few days and you may probably see the issue coming back.

LUCILLE VAN OMMERING

The only thing that seems to work is to open the image in Luminar and edit it from there.  The plugin route does not work.  Just when is a good program going to learn it needs to be mindful of its paying customers!!  :(

Angela Andrieux

Hi Lucille,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support. We should be able to get your plugins up and running.

Frank Garcia

I'm sad to report that the latest update did not fix this issue. Can anyone tell what was included in this update release today?

Kate Williams

Hi Frank,

This is not a fully-fledged update, this is a hotfix for the splash screen freeze issue. The export freeze is under investigation right now, we hope to roll out a fix in the next update. 

Frank Garcia

Kate, thanks for the info.

Yadiell Fernandez

It’s so sad seeing all the reply’s “ we will look into the issue”, every time for 2 year straight, and still the same issue here in 2020. What are you guys doing?

Luminar is such a great system to edit photos but you cannot export your pictures like you’re supposed to, and it’s not professional.

The community needs an update NOW for this to be fixed. I know it might not be easy, but this is not a free app, we’re all paying here.

Robbie Allcock

Completely agree with all previous comments here about this export issue - I cannot export out either and for a paid app that is pushed so much as being simple and easy to use, it just isn't good enough. And then we get all the new Luminar AI marketing which I won't be purchasing as the existing Luminar software hasn't provided me with any confidence that it will be stable. Skylum - please fix this export bug ASAP for your customers! 

Anastasia Davis

Hi Robbie! Could you specify if you are on Windows? Please reach our support team with all the info: https://skylum.com/support

Robbie Allcock

No I’m using a MAC. And there’s no option to choose macOS Big Sur in the tech drop downs..?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Robbie - Please see our update about macOS Big Sur here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009885339-macOS-Big-Sur-Known-Issues

Cameron Fetty

Today, I had the bug occur again. Version 4.3.0

This bug has been going for six months now.  But I see the big push is to buy their AI version.  If the old one doesn't work well, why would I buy the new one?

I too work in IT testing software.  I suspect the bug is in their catalog of images and lack of preference settings.  If so, the bug will likely follow them to the next version as well.  Rather disappointed in the software as I do like some of the features, but failure to save is a major issue.

Rajiv Roy

My Luminar 2018 also stopped exporting, I am on a MAC. I have updated my MAC to Big Sur. So from your post on MAC OS Big Sur-known-issues, looks like you do not plan to update Luminar 2018. Do I have that correct?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rajiv,

Luminar 2018 is a legacy application and unfortunately will not be updated for Big Sur support. However, as a workaround you can use the following workaround: click on the 'Export' button, select 'Open in Photos' option, and export an edited photo that way.

Please sign in to leave a comment.