Comments

106 comments

Drew Jackson

The software is available. I received an email stating that I would receive a copy on 11/11. And now, Luminar is stating that only the first 20,000 pre-orders will receive an advanced copy. Why was that not communicated initially. This is my first purchase with Luminar and I'm already having a bad experience.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roger Lawson

PC - Roger Bolt

Duc Vu Anh

Downloaded, up and run now. 

Performance seems not much improved over Luminar 3, RAM still consumed quite a lot (90%). Not exeperience crash yet. 

AI Skin Enhancer create more noise to the face??? how could it be?

:(

Jo Wun

the mail below I got from the skylum team on 17th Oct.

Out of this I read that I get the license on 11th Nov. (I payed 9th Oct).

And if I would be under the first 20,000 I would get licenses for 5 devices (what I do not need)

Because I am not native English speaking maybe I misunderstand the expression "early bird" ?

Is this a defined expression. Did I not pay the early bird price?

I am confused! But I fear I have to wat one more week.

"

Hello, Luminar Artist!

I have some cool updates for you! First of all, we’re ready to reveal the official release date for Luminar 4 — November 18. If you bought Luminar 4 at an early bird price, you’ll get your copy on November 11.

The next thing I’d like to tell you is that you can use your Luminar 4 license on 2 different devices. The early bird pre-order licenses (first 20 000 copies) are good for up to 5 devices.

Nick Clube

Well, the day has been and gone and Skylum have broken the promise made by Roman in the email of 17th October.

This amounts to really bad treatment of customers. I am beginning to really regret having invested in this now.

Please do what you promised in that email.

Nick

Vita Bergman

Hi Nick! 

Please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support we will be happy to help.

Good morning from Germany,

since yesterday Luminar 4 is out, but unfortunately Skylum did not keep its promise to the early orderers.

It was clear - most recently in Roman's email of 17th October - that all early orderers will receive Luminar on 11th November. Some were also supplied, others however not.

Yesterday I was asked by Skylum to assure me that Luminar will also be delivered to the early orderers. But this did not happen in some cases.

I also belong to those who bought Luminar as an early orderer and have not received it yet.

Clarification is needed here. As a customer I feel cheated and it is according to previous knowledge breach of contract of Skylum.

It is possible that Skylum has not properly controlled the demand here and has lost the overview. Then Skylum should invest time and money in its own infrastructure to overcome the problem.

And by the way, also the promises for Luminar 3 have not been fulfilled yet. The library is still waiting for the expansion with keywords. All this has been promised and not yet implemented.

Skylum, with promises you are good, but with keeping the promises you have considerable problems. In the long run, customers won't go along with this and invest their money in other software.

Kevin Giles

Super disappointed. I have some wedding photographs which I really wanted to enhance and post to friends. Now it looks like they want to wait even longer.

Not a great experience, I have to say.

Proverbs 13:12 Expectation postponed makes the heart sick.

Martial Fournier

Bonjour,

J'ai fait ma précommande le 6 septembre, quand pensez-vous que je recevrai Luminar 4?

Cordialement

Vita Bergman

Hi Kevin!

Please contact our team https://skylum.com/support so we can find a solution together.

Vita Bergman

Hi Martial!

You are going to receive your copy of Luminar 4 on November 18th.

For any assistance, please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support

Pierre Alarie

I receive the email from Skylum and the link to download the software. Thank you from Québec, Canada. I install L4 and all seems correct.

Drew Jackson

Nice to hear.. I'm cancelling. Just sent Luminar a refund request. This is my first purchase with this company and I'm not dealing with the shenanigans.

x x

Who had the bright idea to tell everyone if you preordered you would get your software early, emailing to say you will receive on the 11th and then email you saying only the first 20,000 would receive on the 11th and everyone else on the 18th.

What a daft thing to do ........letting everyone down on a product launch update and leaving all who doesn’t receive on the 11th feeling let down and a sour taste with the company!! 
    If you paid up and took a chance early when you didn’t get anything for your money and had to wait.......you would think you would get early like all who paid early and got nothing.......instead then great  idea was to upset some of us who took the chance and paid up and let them have it later just like if you bought on the launch date....

very misleading and annoying...you should look after your customers, what difference really would it make ....apart from some happier customers..........

I hope the software likes up to the hype and doesn’t have the issues that we had with some of the last updates....went through that totally wrecking my pc and I still stuck with you buying early......then this.......please think how you treat us ! !

John Tweddell

Xx I totally agree, and it happened to me. Since receiving that email I had been banking on the software this week for a job that needs sky replacement.  So I was upset and even more upset when Skylum support came back to confirm I wouldn’t get it and signed off “cheers!” That made me even more upset and disappointed with their bad communication. Perhaps a sign of their attitude to customers? I did the job anyway with Affinity Photo and it looks great.

Elena Blum

Hi,

Please contact our support team and we will do our best to figure it out https://skylum.com/support

John Tweddell

Elena. I’m sorry but after a number of emails from support rejecting my pleas, it’s too late to help me now. A customer for life is now an upset user, so no point in contacting again :-( 

Stephan

I was disappointed too but I have got a download link after contacting the support. ;-)

But after one day I'm more disappointed about the software...

On a Macbook Pro 13 (2016) with SSD and 16 GB RAM. Catalina 10.15. It is sooo slow. Unsuable. 

Export (Fuji RAW files) needs almost 60 seconds for only one picture. Zoom into a picture needs maybe 10-20 seconds until the picture becomes sharp. Changing a slider (for example brighness etc.) takes maybe 5-10 seconds until I see the effect of the change on the picture. 

So don't be angry if you don't get your copy yet. It's no fun to work with Luminar 4 at the moment.
    I feel like I'm working on a 20-year-old windows computer...

So I'm thinking about a refund if this cannot be fixed.

T Sokolov

"Early Birds always get our software a week in advance. Keep it in mind for the future!

For now, mark your calendar for November 18 – the day YOU’ll get Luminar 4"

#WHIP!# - OUTCH!

That's what I call "custumer relationship building"! Future? Don't know if there will be much future here...
    I mean: EVERYONE here asking for the link has been charmed by calling us "early birds" and taking our money.

x x

Customer relation building!! Do they care

They have said get a refund if you don’t like it ??
    What a reply to a customer who has been lead to believe the product comes at the date they stated on an email they sent. 
    How to add insult to injury when you have paid upfront as an “earlybird” and been with & supported the company for years.....what are they thinking??

Quote:

”Please note that all of our software features 30-day money-back guarantee and we've provided our pre-order customers with a special price facility.

You will have 30 days from when we ship the software to decide if you like it. We also offer free training and support to help you succeed.

If for any reason you aren’t happy, we’ll refund your money for Luminar 4.”

Please note that all of our software features 30-day money-back guarantee and we've provided our pre-order customers with a special price facility.

You will have 30 days from when we ship the software to decide if you like it. We also offer free training and support to help you succeed.

If for any reason you aren’t happy, we’ll refund your money for Luminar 4.

Helena Carter

Hi,

We have replied to you here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006562860

Also, we kindly ask you not to copy and paste the same post under different topics - we read all of them. This might distract other customers from some helpful information.

F-M Mellbin

Pretty disappointed - have not seen anything from Skylum in spite of having ordered by the cut-off date mentioned by support above (AUG 7), I understand Skylum has a terrible record of broken promises - I can now add my name to the list.

Anastasia Davis

Hi! Could you be more specific? 
    Skylum team always keeps their word. 

Do I understand it correctly that you didn't get the download link? Please reach our support team so we check your purchase: https://skylum.com/support

Martial Fournier

Bonjour Martial,

Merci de nous avoir contactés.

Luminar 4 sortira le 18 novembre. Les "Early Birds" a reçu Luminar 4 le novembre 11 (ceux qui ont pré-commandé l'une des 20 000 premières copies, elles sont vendues en juillet - au début d'août).
    Comme une exception, nous serions ravis de partager le lien de téléchargement avec vous aujourd'hui :)
    https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/installer/win/Luminar4Setup.exe 

Olha,
    Merci beaucoup mais cela ne fonctionne pas

Skylum Support

jeu. 14 nov. 16:39 (il y a 2 jours)

À moi

Bonjour Martial,

Désolée de vous répondre aussi tard.

S'il vous plaît, essayez de télécharger Luminar 4 à partir du lien ci-dessous:
    https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg 

Si le problème persiste, désinstallez Luminar 4 avec AppCleaner.

Téléchargez AppCleaner ici: http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner      

C'est une application gratuite qui vous permet de supprimer proprement et complètement les applications.

Puis, installez Luminar 4 de nouveau.

Faites-nous part des résultats.

Cordialement,

Windows 10
    Luminar 4
    Description: Bonjour Olha, Merci beaucoup mais le lien que vous m'avez envoyé ne fonctionne pas. Cordialement, Martial

14 nov. 2019 17:59 (il y a 2 jours)

À Skylum

Olha,
     vous me demander de désinstaller luminar 4 alors que je n'arrive pas à l’installer?

14 nov. 2019 18:09 (il y a 2 jours)

À Skylum

Olha,
     le lien que vous m'avez donné en dmg ne fonctionne pas. Je vous rappelle que je suis sous Windows.

Merci

15 nov. 2019 13:50 (il y a 1 jour)

À Skylum

Hello ,
    Il y a quelqu'un pour me répondre ??????

Skylum Support

10:07 (il y a 7 heures)

À moi

Bonjour,

Merci de nous avoir contactés.

Notre représentant du service  à la clientèle francophone n'est pas disponible pour le moment. Nous vous répondrons sous 48 heures.

10:57 (il y a 6 heures)

À Skylum
    Cela n'est précisé nul part  dans vos publicités ni dans votre feuille de route 
    J'ai payé pour quoi?
    De plus c'est vous qui m'avez envoyé (Olha) un lien pour Luminar 4 avant lundi (qui ne fonctionne pas ) sans que je demande quoi que ce soit .
    Vous m'avez mis l'eau à la bouche et maintenant je dois attendre 48 heures?
    Vous n'êtes pas capables de résoudre le problème.
    Vous vous foutez du monde.
    Parce que l'on est Français, nous n'avons pas d'importance en tant que client, c'est cela?

F-M Mellbin

@Anastasia Davis yes. I bought in time for early access to the software - as mentioned on the forum here no later than AUG 7 - but you never sent me a link. I have written to support also with my license number. But no reply as yet. Very frustrated.

Martial Fournier
    Ohla,

Tout à l'air de fonctionner parfaitement et les quelques essais que je viens de réaliser me satisfont pleinement.
     Je vous remercie de votre réaction.
    Luminar 4 est pour moi ce que j'attendais.

Cordialement, Martial
    Helga Rowles

Nous sommes heureux de savoir que tout va bien maintenant !

Hanneskaschmir .

Today is November 18th, the scheduled release date of luminar 4, but no message or hint for a download link. I ordered September 5. so what???

Nicolaas Strik

Still waiting for my link. I pre-ordered on September 17.

T Sokolov

Looking at Skylum and beeing stunned. Looks like quite a marketing desaster. I guess somebodys Grandma is booked for the Keynote-for-the-rest-of-us today and can‘t show up earlier or what would be the reason to upset the early-bird-customers with broken promises instead of just releasing the obviously finished app a week earlier („Hey, we are the greatest!“)?

Please sign in to leave a comment.