Comments

106 comments

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Nicolaas,

please there are meanwhile innumerable contributions here,  11.11. or 18.11. depending on when you pre-ordered.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Nicolaas,

Luminar 4 will be released on November 18.

For those who were among the first 20,000 to pre-order, they'll get the software a week early on November 11. Please note this offer sold out in late July/early August.

Thomas Gosdeck

I signed up on the day of the first announcement.  how will be be advised of the down load procedures? thanks much, Luminar 3 won't let me sign in so this is an important thing to note.

thanks again

Nick Clube

Angela, Thank you for the clarification but the emails we got from Roman Pylypenko indicated to me I would get my copy today, not in a week's time. From your post it appears not. I am feeling deflated a very disappointed. Roman's email should have made this distinction of the first 20,000 clear and who that was likely to be. Setting customer expectations is key in software (I am a software App Consultant of 16 years standing)and personally I think Skylum failed in that.

Rolf Hellmeier

@Nick Clube

Same here, also got that Mail and no Download link so far.

kind regards Rolf

Pierre Alarie

Same here. I am in the province of Québec, Canada. I pre-order in July and in the email: nothing about a link to download the Luminar 4 that i paid 84 $ Canadian. Here, we are 11.11 in the morning. I hope that Skylum get to me an email today as they promise !

Rolf Hellmeier

Why pending approval ??

In my mail after the purchase is nothing of the first 20000 preorders. It is promised that the buyers who have ordered with the presale price, get the version 4 delivered on 11.11 . see quote mail from 17.10. Today is 11.11. is there a time? 

Ich habe tolle Neuigkeiten für dich! Erst einmal können wir, den offiziellen Veröffentlichungstermin für Luminar 4 bekannt geben — 18. November. Wenn du Luminar 4 zum Vorverkaufspreis gekauft hast, bekommst du dein Exemplar am 11. November.

kind regards, Rolf

Nick Clube

@Rolf,

Seems they have mishandled the communication of this pre-release 'bonus'. Even those who ordered super early are still waiting for download links. The poor folks in Japan and Australia will be in bed soon and still don't have the software when promised.

The rest of us will just have to be patient and hope they handle our expectations better next time around, or make good the misleading information by releasing it to all pre-order customers today.

Shame.

Rolf Hellmeier

Germany 4:30 pm, no software........

Andreas Geibert

wie kommt man an den download… finde meine email leider nicht mehr

Rolf Hellmeier

@Andreas Geibert

bei Luminar 3 kam ein Downloadlink per Mail.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Did any of Skylum's announcements for the release of Luminar include a year???

Rolf Hellmeier

@Wolfgang Jarcik

nö Wolfgang, das Jahr ist nicht erwähnt....;-)

nur diese Mail von Roman:

Ich habe tolle Neuigkeiten für dich! Erst einmal können wir, den offiziellen Veröffentlichungstermin für Luminar 4 bekannt geben — 18. November. Wenn du Luminar 4 zum Vorverkaufspreis gekauft hast, bekommst du dein Exemplar am 11. November.

Wolfgang Jarcik

@Rolf Hellmeier

na bitte, also werden wir vielleicht etwas Geduld so wie bei Fixes brauchen.

Gene Flanigan

So far Skylum has broken every date promised, what made everyone think this one would be any different? I expect we will get an update in a month or so, and most likely the program will not function properly with Catalina.

Rolf Hellmeier

@Wolfgang Jarcik

Luminar 3 habe ich aufgegeben, CR3 für Canon EOSR ist immer noch nicht implementiert.

Geduld ist weder mein Vor-noch Nachname, gekaufte Software brauche ich für meine Arbeit und nicht zum rumdaddeln.

Da gibts dann auch mal Termine. Und mein Termin mit Skylum Luminar 4 ist laut Kaufvertrag und Mail von Roman/skylum heute 11.11., bzw. irgendein anderes Jahr... ;-)

RJ Miller

I ordered on 8/6/2019 and got the "Early Bird" price. In last weeks email It indicated I would receive my links today. I have nothing so far, and I'm not happy about it at all

Nicolaas Strik

RJ Miller, I feel the same way. I pre-ordered with the understanding that one of the benefits would be to get an early release of the software.

RJ Miller

Borders on being fraudulent IMHO So peeved at this company, broken promises are the norm it seems.

Andreas Haiderer

Ich bin froh das nicht nur ich die Mail so interpretiere das mit einen kauf von luminar 4 zum vorab vorzugspreis die Nutzung für 11.11 zugesichert wurde. Die ersten 20.000 können die Software auf 5 Geräten nutzen und wir nur auf 2 das ist der einzige angekündigte Unterschied!!!

Kate Williams

@Rolf, good news - Luminar 4 will support .CR3 files. It's official and confirmed. 

@everyone,

Those 20,000 customers who pre-ordered their copy up to and including August 7 will get the app within a couple of hours. Stay tuned. 

Pierre Alarie

Thank you Kate for the follow up !

Rolf Hellmeier

@Andreas Heiderer

so ist es, nur beim Punkt Lizenznutzung auf 5 Geräten ist von 20.000 die Rede.

.......Das nächste, was ich dir mitteilen möchte, ist, dass du deine Luminar-4-Lizenz auf 2 verschiedenen Geräten verwenden kannst. Die Vorverkaufslizenz (erste 20.000) ist für bis zu 5 Geräte geeignet.

Rolf Hellmeier

Kate Williams

...sounds good...;-)

meanwhile i'm working with the Catalogfiles of Panasonic G9,GH5 an Eos 1DS Mark III

I got the Mail from Roman, Head of Customer Success with the Prerelease date some time later, the 17th of Oktober:

....Wenn du Luminar 4 zum Vorverkaufspreis gekauft hast, bekommst du dein Exemplar am 11. November.

.... If you bought Luminar 4 with preorder price, you'll get your Copy the 11th of oktober

And that's what i did.

20.000 is not mentioned there, only in connection with the number of Licenses you'll get.

RJ Miller

Kate Williams thanks for the update.

Rolf Hellmeier

@wolfgang Jarcik

im Mailprogramm kann ich deine Posts sehen, aber hier tauchen die nicht auf.

Deshalb dein "TEST " ???

Andreas Geibert

könnt ihr eine Uhrzeit nennen wann die mails mit dem link raus gehen... vor 3 std wurde mir gesagt das es in ein paar std raus geht

Wolfgang Jarcik

ich habe Luminar 3 aufgrund der Performance und meines Problems mit der Magic Mouse 1 schon lange nicht mehr verwendet. Nach dem Update auf 3.1.4 und Catalina habe ich es erneut versucht, leider ist seitdem auch mein Katalog nicht mehr zu verwenden. Warum habe ich dann Luminar 4 überhaupt vorbestellt? Leider weiß ich es jetzt auch nicht mehr warum.

Andreas Geibert

@wolgang du kannst es ja testen mit luminar 4 wenn es nicht geht hast du ja dein rückgaberecht

Wolfgang Jarcik

@Andreas,

genau das werde ich machen. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.